Sign in to follow this  

whats reed run?

any of u boys know what reed has for mods on his bike, a site or if u know personally, can ya let me know,

well if his bike is anything like fonsecas bike from last year that cost 120 big ones, which i'm sure is much the same. Fonsecas bike did not have one single part in his motor that is in our bikes. im not sure if the internals of fonsecas motor could be purchased or not, but not a single part was in stock form of our bike. And im sure reed's is the same along with a custom made FMF titanium silencer and header, custom carbon fiber airbox, works forks and shock, ezno subtanks, works triple clamps and hubs, and about every titanium bolt there is including axles and linkage bolts. Factory bikes are so trick its not even funny. They also have custom ignitions that they can change the power curves a lot like the vortex. He's also got carbon fiber sprinkled here and there all over his bike. He also has these trick parts that only the yamaha factory riders run, its a little clip on each fork that compresses each fork on the start to keep the front end down and he flips a swith or something and they pop back up. you can check his bike out at www.chadreedracing.com

I think reed could hang in the top 5 with the 'F' in the 250 class. I'll be at vegas to watch him and bubba go at it. :D:) I think reed will come out on top; hes a more consistent rider and doesnt make mistakes. with the new 4-strokes being available to the factory riders, bikes are becoming very expensive for the top pros.

Well I don't know about that but I do know that Michael Brandes 250F was as strong or stronger and his bike was as close to stock as you can get.

Just a Varner cam, hi comp piston and breathed on with a big gun silencer. As for weight you can only get them to 214 I believe and still be legal for AMA racing. The 250F is the choice of privateers for a reason, it gives them a chance to compete. Maybe someone should tell Honda to dump a 100K in the XR250 motor and go racing!

Check out the article in the new Motocross Action on Chads bike. He uses production parts except ignition, and pipe and they are tuned for low end plus he uses low gearing on his bike. Sounds like a trail rider would be happy with this bike. The YZ250F does not need any help to race only a good rider to twist the throttle. Fortunately it works wonderful with weak riders like me.

Even if I had the EXACT SAME BIKE! as Reed, he would still lap me before the second lap!! There is absolutely no comparison between the pro class riders most people see at the local track and a world class rider. It has been said many times.....80% rider, 20% bike.

Personally, I dont like the guy much. He comes off too confident. But he sure backs up what he says.

Just flash ahead 2 years and think about what we will be watching. James Smith, Chad Reed, and Grant Langston et al. against R.C. These guys dont know fear, and wont be intimidated !!!!

Getting back to your post, though, don't worry about hardware. The reason Reed is so fast is because he has spent more time on the bike pushing himself further and further....fusing all those links in his brain so that everything on th e track comes natural...thoughtless. But I do understand the desire not to leave anything to chance mechanically. I tend to spend way too much money on the bike, and too little time on the bike.

Dennis

I read in an interview with reed, that his only has an aftermarket exhaust, and no other mods. I am still trying to figure out where I read it.

Wight Limit is 216... Motocross Action had a good article on how to get your bike at that limit.. but really if you could go past it, you might as well because i know that when you are racing at your local race they arent going to say a thing. And ive never seen someone get weighed in Impound at Lorettas or Ponca..

216 lb. weight limit never got passed. Weight limit is 194lb. It doesn't seem as if the factory team is concerned about shaving a whole lot of weight off the 250F. Or maybe they blew their budget on lightening the 426 for Ferry. They have his down to 226 lbs.,a far cry from the stock 250 lb. weight. With all the trick, exotic,and one off items the factory teams use the 194 lb. weight could be obtained if they wanted to.