"Serious Question about "Plastics"

:naughty: What's the deal with plastics on the 150 and 230?)Or any bike for that matter?

I am VERY new to dirt bikes so you will have to forgive my ignorance on the subject. Is there a problem geting plastics for dirt bikes?

I know a "little" about the set up cost for molds etc...Is it the licensing of the design etc?

What plastic parts are the hardest to get(in any color)? Maybe I can get them made if there is a serious demand........

What does everyone need that they cannot get? This could help me a lot if I knew what everyone needed...Thanks :naughty:

TR

What other types of problems do people have replacing their plastics? I havent messed mine up yet, but it sounds like I will have to replace them eventually.....I could probably replace then in any color I choose if what I am thinking works out...Thanks for the reply..

TR

What other types of problems do people have replacing their plastics? ...Thanks for the reply..
There are no problems 'getting' plastics for the 150/230. You can easily get stock plastic for your bike.

But now, instead of having just white number plates, you can now get them in grey, black and two colors of red from an after market company.

Well, there could be one problem.. you could have a hard time choosing the color! :naughty:

What other types of problems do people have replacing their plastics? I havent messed mine up yet, but it sounds like I will have to replace them eventually.....I could probably replace then in any color I choose if what I am thinking works out...Thanks for the reply..

TR

ToysRust,

The next time you go out, look around. You can just about instantly identify any bike there...red - Honda, blue - Yamaha, yellow - Suzuki (except the pink ones are DRZ's :naughty: ), green - Kawasaki, orange - KTM, etc... Getting different color plastic just makes your bike a little bit different from everyone elses. Also, in many cases the aftermarket plastic pieces are cheaper than the OEM stuff.

Hope you're still enjoying your new 230!

Cheers,

Mac

did anyone get the fork/disc guard because i put my green sticker in the wrong place, its at the bottom of the fork so i wanna see if i can get just the dic guard and not the whole fork guard cos that would look kinda stupid

Mac. I AM enjoying the 230. It's even hard for me to express how much fun it is...I'm off the couch and eating dirt :naughty: What could be better.Me and the family went to "Big Scrub" near Silver Springs here in FL and had a gret time.

As far as plastics are concerned, I'm looking in to the whole process.....I guess I'm like a million other guys guys that thinks they have a great idea about something or another... :naughty: We'll see I guess...

TR

Mac. I AM enjoying the 230. It's even hard for me to express how much fun it is...I'm off the couch and eating dirt :naughty: What could be better.Me and the family went to "Big Scrub" near Silver Springs here in FL and had a gret time.

As far as plastics are concerned, I'm looking in to the whole process.....I guess I'm like a million other guys guys that thinks they have a great idea about something or another... :naughty: We'll see I guess...

TR

They are really great little bikes to play on and I'm also enjoying mine. Winter is starting to roll in, so at the moment it is rainy and cold ("cold" is relatively speaking...down in the 50's). I'm not getting much riding in because of that 4-letter word (w o r k) and my riding buddy is back in the States for anothe 10 days. I don't feel comfortable riding off-road alone.

So out of that million guys looking into the plastics process, you might be the one. Hey....it's better odds than the lottery!! :D Is there anything in particular you've got in mind for plastics or would you rather not say yet?

Cheers,

Mac

MAC-You are a "Savvy" character and you mirror my situation. Thanks SOOOO much for the feedback and I really mean that.

I can get any platics made that I want.......I may be new to Dirt Bikes but not to business.......After all, I'm an old FRT compared to most of the Dirt bike world, but not too old to have fun and make a little more money :naughty:

I look forward to the third phase of my life and hope for a 4th... :naughty:

Thanks again for understanding the "midlife crisis" and the ignorance that can accompany itLOL...I will do fine and I have some great ideas for the plastics...SERIOUSLY...I'll let you know how it comes out and when.Probably this year.....

TR

Hi i,m a new rider who,s a bit on the short side 5.6" and the crf230 a great bike for me,the only problem is I'm from the UK and the crf 230 is only just starting to come over here.The after sales market for plastics,graphics and any other bits and pieces i may need is non existent so if you where to start something up with plastics or anything along those lines you would have a huge market over here,so get something started up and i,d probably be your first customer

I have some things in the works. It takes a little time(and money) but I AM working on it....Hope you enjoy your 230 as much as I do. What is it in particular that you (or anyone else) is looking for as far as plastics and decals for the 230 AND the150?????

Thanks

TR