cr 85, more power

I just grew out of my old xr 100 and just got a nice 85. I am thinking about putting some stuff on it to really get the power I want. I was thinking about getting a new pipe, but i looked and looked and can not make up my mind. Which pipe should i get or just anything that will give me power.

Pipes are a good place to start with a two stroke when you want to make more power. Keep in mind you may have to re-jet with any or all of these mods.

Pro-circuit makes some of the best pipes, I would say FMF does a good job as well, esp. for mini's but their products sometimes have fitment issues that require minor modification.

Reeds (moto tassarini delta reeds or boyesen) are most likely your next best bet. They will make your bike feel more responsive.

From there, gains can be had with a few more aftermarket parts but they aren't as cost effective.

Porting and polishing, getting the crank balanced are all high dollar mods that require the use of an engine builder like Varner racing or Pro-circuit or WMR.

Good luck to you.

For trail riding, a big bore kit from Eric Gore or RPMs is really a great mod. A little bit pricier than a pipe, but you really see some big gains. We took my son's CR from an 80 to 103, had Gorr port it for mid to bottom end, added a pro-circuit pipe and silence/spark arrestor, and a v-force reed and reed block spacer. HUGE gains in performance and ride-ability! Note that if you're gonna race, the big bore kit ain't quite legal unless you're racing super mini class

I just grew out of my old xr 100 and just got a nice 85. I am thinking about putting some stuff on it to really get the power I want. I was thinking about getting a new pipe, but i looked and looked and can not make up my mind. Which pipe should i get or just anything that will give me power.

Have you ridden that 85 yet bud? After your XR100, you should be in rocket ship heaven on a 2-stroke 85. Are you planning on racing it? What kind of racing? That will dictate the best pipe for you.