Sign in to follow this  

Ride check: Rowher on Sunday April 10th

I'd like to get out for a ride on Sunday the 10th. Most interested in Rowher, but could also do Baldy Mesa. Would like to be on the bikes at about 7am and done riding around noon. Five good hours! Or whatever else works!

Anyone?

hey i would go if you were going to Rowher if i wasnt going to pismo but the conditions at Rowher are great i went there this last weekend it was fun lots of ruts though but that makes it fun.

hey i would go if you were going to Rowher if i wasnt going to pismo but the conditions at Rowher are great i went there this last weekend it was fun lots of ruts though but that makes it fun.

OK, if your plans change, let me know.

Any other Rowher regulars up for a ride on Sunday?

R

I might be. I've got to get my bike back together first. If I do go I'll need to boogy by 11:00 or 12:00. It is my mother-in-laws B-day and I have to man the BBQ. I'll let you know, I'm still waiting for my wp seals.

OK, if your plans change, let me know.

Any other Rowher regulars up for a ride on Sunday?

R

hey send me a personal message with your e-mail address and next time i am going i will e-mail you if you want. I am still trying to get used to my dirt bike because i used to ride a quad but I need the experiance. but if your more advanced and dont want to ride with a noob dirt bike rider than thats cool also. :naughty:

I might be. I've got to get my bike back together first. If I do go I'll need to boogy by 11:00 or 12:00. It is my mother-in-laws B-day and I have to man the BBQ. I'll let you know, I'm still waiting for my wp seals.

I'm time constrained too, hence the early start to max ride time. No prob to be finished riding by 12noon or earlier if necessary. If Bouquet Cyn is now open, we can stage at the turnoff just below the dam.

I am still trying to get used to my dirt bike because i used to ride a quad but I need the experiance. but if your more advanced and dont want to ride with a noob dirt bike rider than thats cool also.

Mellow, advanced, or anything else. It is all Ok with me. I know all the stuff up there and can put together a loop for any riding ability. :naughty:

Where is Rowher?

It is in the ANF near the intersection of Hwy 14 and Sand Canyon. Roughly 10 miles north of Newhall and 45min north of LA. If Bouquet Cyn is open, we'll stage there and ride over into Rowher. Easier access and closer to the fun trails.

80%+ of the trails here are intermediate to advanced skill level.

R

It is in the ANF near the intersection of Hwy 14 and Sand Canyon. Roughly 10 miles north of Newhall and 45min north of LA. If Bouquet Cyn is open, we'll stage there and ride over into Rowher. Easier access and closer to the fun trails.

80%+ of the trails here are intermediate to advanced skill level.

R

Rob

The road is open but all staging there is closed per the ranger :naughty: had a talk with Terry (ranger) and I was complaining about the dirt(rutted) road going to stage area1....asked if there was another place to stage and he said "no" = $50.00 ticket....... :naughty: Drinkwater is closed and anything north of the fireroad at the top of the mountain is closed..... still alot of riding to be had up there..... :D

Never ridden there, Baldy Mesa is a nice ride.

Rowher seems a bit too far for an early morning ride, though. :naughty:

The road is open but all staging there is closed per the ranger had a talk with Terry (ranger) and I was complaining about the dirt(rutted) road going to stage area1....asked if there was another place to stage and he said "no" = $50.00 ticket....... Drinkwater is closed and anything north of the fireroad at the top of the mountain is closed..... still alot of riding to be had up there.....

Thanks Woody. I heard from another ranger that things will be back to normal at the end of May. I hope so, because being able to link Rowher and DWF makes for some great riding.

R

It is beginning to look like I won't make it. Some of my parts were backordered and are getting shipped tommorow. I do not think they will be here by fri.

It is beginning to look like I won't make it. Some of my parts were backordered and are getting shipped tommorow. I do not think they will be here by fri.

NP, there will be other rides in the future. :naughty:

I am going to try and get up to Baldy Mesa Sat. and/or Sun. for an early ride. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Rob

The road is open but all staging there is closed per the ranger :naughty: had a talk with Terry (ranger) and I was complaining about the dirt(rutted) road going to stage area1....asked if there was another place to stage and he said "no" = $50.00 ticket....... :naughty: Drinkwater is closed and anything north of the fireroad at the top of the mountain is closed..... still alot of riding to be had up there..... :D

Rode thru DrinkWater yesterday(up from Bouquet cyn rd) .Trails aren't that bad,although the main fire road thru Drinkwater is washed out. :D .San Franscito (sp) is still closed.

I am going to try and get up to Baldy Mesa Sat. and/or Sun. for an early ride. Let me know if anyone is interested

Have not been to Baldy Mesa in a long time, but that works for me. A new place would be fun. I'm interested in a ride early Sunday.

R