Sign in to follow this  

Jumping????

Last year i had a new CRF230 and i took it off a few jumps but it didn't work to well. I can do some table tops and stuff but other than that i am fairly new at jumping. This year i am getting a CRF250X and i was wondering if it is alright for jumping. And what is the best method for taking doubles and bigger jumps?

Thanks in advance.

it should be alright for jumping, isnt it just a crf250 with lights? well anyways, for bigger jumps/doubles, dont think of it as a double, think of it as a table top. just watch for someone to do the jump and look at how fast they go or ask someone what gear they do it in or something of that nature. just hold the throttle all the way off the lip, stand in the middle of the bike and stay loose, dont get tense while in the air

Last year i had a new CRF230 and i took it off a few jumps but it didn't work to well. I can do some table tops and stuff but other than that i am fairly new at jumping. This year i am getting a CRF250X and i was wondering if it is alright for jumping. And what is the best method for taking doubles and bigger jumps?

Thanks in advance.

Before you can feel comfortable jumping, you need to get the hang of balancing your body weight on the footpegs through all kinds of drills and terrain, IMO. Try this stuff first, ride lots, and then as you feel the peg balance becoming more natural, jumping is just an extension of riding. :naughty:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155180&highlight=balance+spline+peg

the X has a wider gear ratio than the R but I use mine on the track a lot and have no problems (need to ride it slightly different than a R) but it gets the job done. If you are going to hit BIG jumps stiffen it up, it comes pretty loose out of the box.