Aluminum Frame YZ250f Pics!!!

Thats what im talking about!! :naughty:

thats my next bike!!! I cant wait until it comes out

Alas! Check out the all new plastics, no more air bubbles on tank graphics, Whoo! and it appears the rear number plate is new as well.

have fun jetting the carb on an aluminum framed bike, boys. :naughty::naughty::D

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

hell ya!!!!! i just hope they give that to the 450 as well........ i love the tank.

also on a side note... i dont see the drain plug on the frame anymore in the pics.

does it look like the oil is still in the frame or am i just missin the bolt in the pic.

anyway the frame looks awesome..

have fun jetting the carb on an aluminum framed bike, boys. :naughty::naughty::D

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

we will. :D

have fun jetting the carb on an aluminum framed bike, boys. :D:naughty::naughty:

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

wrooster, correct me if I'm wrong but the trouble with jetting comes from the twin spar design with the carb sandwiched in between spars. Unless something has changed with the yam's alum frame, which is not a twin spar, I don't think it will be an issue.

wrooster, correct me if I'm wrong but the trouble with jetting comes from the twin spar design with the carb sandwiched in between spars. Unless something has changed with the yam's alum frame, which is not a twin spar, I don't think it will be an issue.

no, you are absolutely right about that. my bad, yamaha saved us again.

and that means that i've made two mistakes in one week here on TT.

maybe time for a vacation. :naughty:

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

Nice, painted frame looks good.

Very nice, but are we sure it will be available for 06?

Any idea how many pounds that will shave?

Not sure about it not being a perimeter frame... look closely at the second pic. It looks to me like the tank is dropped down in between the rails.

YZ250F.jpg

Sure looks purty...If the bike is at the Japapanese Nat's historically speaking it will hit the showroom floors end of summer. THe new KX250f and 450F are over there as well.

If an aluminum frame YZ will be here for 06 I guess the WR will have one in 07 ... right?

If an aluminum frame YZ will be here for 06 I guess the WR will have one in 07 ... right?

hahahahaha no, denied, not gonna get one, no way jose.

so is the yammy aluminum really going to be painted blue?

also on a side note... i dont see the drain plug on the frame anymore in the pics.

does it look like the oil is still in the frame or am i just missin the bolt in the pic.

Download the picture and zoom in. The oil tank is behind the skid plate. Keeps the dry sump and lowers CG all at once. :naughty::naughty:
correct me if I'm wrong but the trouble with jetting comes from the twin spar design with the carb sandwiched in between spars. Unless something has changed with the yam's alum frame, which is not a twin spar, I don't think it will be an issue.
Take another look. It is different from the two-stroke frame, and is clearly a twin spar of sorts. The spars seem to sweep forward to the steering head from a point farther up from the swing arm pivot than a Honda (something Yamaha also did to slim down the new R1). This will help give more room around the carb and top end.