Does anyone not like Stewart?

Okay..i usually hear people saying they like Reed and not RC, or they like RC and not Reed, or they like WIndham and not RC or Reed...etc...but i haven't heard many people say they dont like stewart. Does anyone NOT like him? Honestly in my opinion watching him race is so compelling that i cant see why anyone wouldnt like him, its like nothing anyone has really ever seen before..i mean last year the kids fastest lap time on a 125 at daytona was faster than the 250 winner's (Reed) fastest lap time..its amazing to me

Did anyone NOT like Tiger Woods? Well, besides the KKK members at old country clubs. Supercross fans can not help being excited to see child phenom raise the benchmark. Since nobody can compete with him, he hasn't made many enemies among motocross fans.

I feel the same way about Steward as i felt about Larry Byrd. Just crossover freaks. Has to happen once in a while.

Law of averages, eh?

Now if we can get a black hockey player and Formula One guy....

A white boxer again would be nice.

We got a White Boxer. V. Klitchko. He's the Heavyweight Champeen of the World. :naughty:

I totally respect him as a racer for his talent and ability but have no desire to be a fan. No it is not a racial thang or anything like that as I have many black friends. Grew up in So. Cal.

Anyway, my kid was about 5 when we ran into bubba at the SF supercross in 2003. Robby loved him and I was becoming a fan as well. As we were walking through the gate we crossed paths with bubba and one of his friends. He was like 10 ft in front of us. Robby was tugging on my shirt and telling me who that was as if I didn't know. He was so excited he was about to come out of his skin.

This was a seen similar to that of Mean Joe Green and the kid on that Coke comercial years back.... anyway we approached the gate, flashed our credentials and passed through right behind him. My son finally got up the courage to ask for his autograph. Hey Mr. Stewart... can I get your autograph.....? Naah, not now kid, turned and walked. We followed him for a while down the pits as we made our way to my friends pits. We hung out for a few minutes and then went to check out the rest of the pits and the track. (by the way this was at 11:30 in the AM so the pits wern't crowded) We cruise around the corner only to see bubba hookin up some chic with an autograph... :naughty: My son didn't understand... why wouldn't he sign one for me??? Lost all respect for him at that point. In my opinion the kids should be your highest priority as they will be the ones to follow you through your career.

The race was great! He got to see his true hero RC win another race and later that night... 01:30 ricky signed a poster for him and gave him a set of goggles and signed them too. (Fully loaded with tearoffs and everything)

He was on cloud nine the rest of the weekend and the whole way home. Now when he sees bubba on the line he just gives me the thumbs down. I have tried to tell him that everyone makes mistakes and that it is not always what it seems, but first impressions are difficult to alter. We were both excited to see him get his first win but now are ready for RC to take it to him. Looking forward to Seattle!!! :naughty:

I don't really like stewart. I don't like how he stayed in the 125 class so long even though he was so ridiculously faster then everyone else. That is the main thing that pisses me off. The kid could run top 5 no problem on his 125 in the 250 class if he wanted.

I totally respect him as a racer for his talent and ability but have no desire to be a fan. No it is not a racial thang or anything like that as I have many black friends. Grew up in So. Cal.

Anyway, my kid was about 5 when we ran into bubba at the SF supercross in 2003. Robby loved him and I was becoming a fan as well. As we were walking through the gate we crossed paths with bubba and one of his friends. He was like 10 ft in front of us. Robby was tugging on my shirt and telling me who that was as if I didn't know. He was so excited he was about to come out of his skin.

This was a seen similar to that of Mean Joe Green and the kid on that Coke comercial years back.... anyway we approached the gate, flashed our credentials and passed through right behind him. My son finally got up the courage to ask for his autograph. Hey Mr. Stewart... can I get your autograph.....? Naah, not now kid, turned and walked. We followed him for a while down the pits as we made our way to my friends pits. We hung out for a few minutes and then went to check out the rest of the pits and the track. (by the way this was at 11:30 in the AM so the pits wern't crowded) We cruise around the corner only to see bubba hookin up some chic with an autograph... :naughty: My son didn't understand... why wouldn't he sign one for me??? Lost all respect for him at that point. In my opinion the kids should be your highest priority as they will be the ones to follow you through your career.

The race was great! He got to see his true hero RC win another race and later that night... 01:30 ricky signed a poster for him and gave him a set of goggles and signed them too. (Fully loaded with tearoffs and everything)

He was on cloud nine the rest of the weekend and the whole way home. Now when he sees bubba on the line he just gives me the thumbs down. I have tried to tell him that everyone makes mistakes and that it is not always what it seems, but first impressions are difficult to alter. We were both excited to see him get his first win but now are ready for RC to take it to him. Looking forward to Seattle!!! :naughty:

He was what, 17 then? Give him a break.

If any of them don't feel like signing an autograph, what should they do? Hide in their RVs? Or be honest and say they don't?

And as for the girl, what 17 year old boy is gonna blow off a girl?

Maybe fans should be a little more considerate and understanding when they are interrupting professionals at their place of work.

I think he is really good. I to think he shoulda jumped up to 250 a little sooner but thats just me. The kid knows how to race and win races. If his bike is hooked up to the track he is bad azz

im not a fan, but i do not dislike him. in fact, i dont dislike any pro racers, for one reason, i dont know any on a personal level.

racinace-

jut because you don't like him doesn't mean your racist. if a black didnt like a white athlete just because he was white, would you think anything of it? im guessing you probably wouldnt.

He was what, 17 then? Give him a break.

If any of them don't feel like signing an autograph, what should they do? Hide in their RVs? Or be honest and say they don't?

And as for the girl, what 17 year old boy is gonna blow off a girl?

Maybe fans should be a little more considerate and understanding when they are interrupting professionals at their place of work.

Without the fans this sport wouldn't be what it is. I don't believe walking throught the gate would be considered interrupting professionals at their place of work. Give me a break. We are talkiing about a child wanting an autograph. If it was Ricky that did that everyone would of jumped all over him. I personally like watching him James ride. I'm not sure is deserving of all the attention he is already getting but who am I to say. He is a great rider, but not the greatest rider. Go RC!

The only reason people would say they dont like Stewart is out of jealousy.

I think he's a bit overly cocky. Other than that, he's amazing. I believe this will be RC's last year as SX champ. I didn't appreciate the comment BS made about "having to ride slower to race these guys", etc. Honestly, he might as well have just said, "these losers can't keep up with me".

I think he's a bit overly cocky. Other than that, he's amazing. I believe this will be RC's last year as SX champ. I didn't appreciate the comment BS made about "having to ride slower to race these guys", etc. Honestly, he might as well have just said, "these losers can't keep up with me".

He is a bit over cocky (just like MC used to be), and what drives me nuts about it is that no matter how cocky he gets, he can back it up all day long. He straight schooled those guys in Dallas.

Seeing the way he is cocky and then seeing how Humble RC was when bubba won the race (the way he ran over and held his arm up and gave him a hug) really showed the differences between the two attitues. Bubba maybe needs to grow up a littlebit.

He brings a new flava to supercross, kind of like Emig and McGrath did. He is like the P Diddy of Supercross.

Without the fans this sport wouldn't be what it is. I don't believe walking throught the gate would be considered interrupting professionals at their place of work. Give me a break. We are talkiing about a child wanting an autograph. If it was Ricky that did that everyone would of jumped all over him. I personally like watching him James ride. I'm not sure is deserving of all the attention he is already getting but who am I to say. He is a great rider, but not the greatest rider. Go RC!

Ricky has been guilty of the same thing. I can't remember exactly when it was, but both a RC and JS "failure to sign an autograph" story have made it into the motomags at some point in time.

BTW, JBS wouldn't sign one for my son when he saw him down at Lorettas last year, he was a bit pre-occupied with a cutie.

I understand the demands on their time, but if your JBS, and you are walking around at the Loretta Lynns Nationals, you better be ready to sign some autographs, or else plan on hiding in the motorhome. It's that simple.

He is a bit over cocky (just like MC used to be), and what drives me nuts about it is that no matter how cocky he gets, he can back it up all day long. He straight schooled those guys in Dallas.

Seeing the way he is cocky and then seeing how Humble RC was when bubba won the race (the way he ran over and held his arm up and gave him a hug) really showed the differences between the two attitues. Bubba maybe needs to grow up a littlebit.

He brings a new flava to supercross, kind of like Emig and McGrath did. He is like the P Diddy of Supercross.

I sure hope supercross doesn't get a p diddy. I can't stand arrogant (SP) people.

I HATE JAMES BUBBA STEWART!!!!

And here is why. He treats people like sh!t. My kids wanted his autograph, couldnt get one cuz we didnt have a special ticket. Ok, fine I can accept this as he cant stand around doing autographs all day. It was our fault for not getting there early enough. so we wanted his picture while he signed other peoples autographs. he say me and my boys walk up with a camera, and told his goons in the green shirts to get rid of us. the told us no pics were allowed and ran us off. I was like &%$#@!. We have pit passes, were werent in an un autherized area. what does this prick think he has his own air space and soverignty. I have heard of others with simmilar (or worse stories). IMO, he's (his attitude) just perpetuating what is wrong with pro level sports.

does he have talent... Hell yes. But as a person. he's just another over paid over hyped *********.

and just for the record, RC, CR, KW, Larrocco, and many other DID not treat us the same way. those guys were awsome. :naughty::naughty:

We were sitting in the riders seats at Atlanta a few years back. Two young boys were standing at the edge of the riders seating area looking across the way at Windham with sharpies in their hands. Windham hollered at the security guard to allow them to enter the area where he was seated so he could sign their jerseys. Those two boys left with smiles on their faces that can only be described as "priceless".............. :naughty:

That being said, I'm sure you can probably find people that have had good and bad experiences with just about every rider out there.

I think RC has a lot of character as well. In fact I can relate better to him. I too, am a very sore loser...

Exactly.:naughty: My wife does not like Ricky. She just cannot seem to understand his "workmanlike" approach to racing. She has a hard time with my yellow bike in the garage. She liked it until Ricky swithced to the Zook. I keep threatening to put a big number 4 on it......lol

im not a fan, but i do not dislike him. in fact, i dont dislike any pro racers, for one reason, i dont know any on a personal level.

racinace-

jut because you don't like him doesn't mean your racist. if a black didnt like a white athlete just because he was white, would you think anything of it? im guessing you probably wouldnt.

You need to reread my post:

"I totally respect him as a racer for his talent and ability but have no desire to be a fan. No it is not a racial thang or anything like that as I have many black friends."

I stated that just to be clear as I knew some yahoo in the General fourm would start spouting off. (not you) So I just stated that up front so no one would misunderstand me.

As for being 17 or whatever... I do understand and have explained that it was nothing personal to my kid. However as I stated previously first impressions are hard to overcome. In the four or five races we have been to since then he has not expressed an interest at stopping at the green semi.

Great rider, great talent.... :naughty:

I think RC was riding a little slower than he could've in Dallas. He was being smart ( if a little less exciting ) to win the Championship.

I agree with you. I thought at first that he was nervous at the prospect of Bubba being there, but after the race I kinda took to your way of thinking.