China Hat "ISDE" Enduro 2005... Who's going... INFO

Well it's that time of year again. This is one of the best enduros of the year. 90 miles of pure enjoyment. Yes there are some whoops, but man there is some great double and single track throughout the course.

Here is a link to the flyer and registration form. It does sell out as I found out last year. 350 rider limit I believe.

http://www.omra-online.org/2005/ChinaHat05.htm

I sent off my registration just before I got injured about 6 weeks ago. :naughty: I am hopeful that I will be cleared to ride. #602 Open Am if I make it. If nothing else I plan to do the poker run with my son on Saturday. :naughty:

So who is in??? Should be a blast as the LOBOS MC club always puts on a stellar event.

i"m looking into it. Not sure yet. One concern though is the sound. Is there somewhere in the portland area I can get my bike sound tested. And how concerned should I be on gas with stock tank on crf250.

Ace maybe you could suggest a class as well since you know a little how I ride.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

i"m looking into it. Not sure yet. One concern though is the sound. Is there somewhere in the portland area I can get my bike sound tested. And how concerned should I be on gas with stock tank on crf250.

Ace maybe you could suggest a class as well since you know a little how I ride.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Mike-

Go for it! You will have a blast. Sound limit is 99db and my bike checked in last year at 96 with a freshly repacked muffler.

45 miles on a tank is what you need to get. Because you are only haulin in the special tests you can really conserve when connecting the stages.

My motor should be here in the next day or two..... trying to get the other maintence done in the meantime.

Anyone else going??? This is one of the best races of the year in my opinion. Should be a good time. :naughty:

I'm in. Can't wait, going to be a blast. :naughty:

I'll be there Saturday late morning or early afternoon. Our start time is 10:03.

What is the terrain and soils like there?

Also is there anyone in the Seattle-Tacoma area going and has an extra spot in there truck or trailer for a bike and a body. I have a place to stay when I get there. Just trying to cut down the travel costs.

I'll be there, number 631. Hope you're healing up good, Ace.

Kev-

We'll have to wait and see. I think I am probably 80% right now but I haven't ridden in 4 weeks. The bike is in pieces but I still have a couple of weeks. Either way we are going to make the trip. The poker run on Saturday will tell me if I will race on Sunday. I will be arriving Friday night if all goes well and will be bringing the hauler to camp in. Might have an extra spot if someone needs a place to crash.

Two years ago i made it to the half way check on a stock CRF450 tank, i had no problems. I did carry a half quart of gas with me just in case.

I will be going this year, my number is 126.

Alright, wife said ok, sending registration in this weekend. This will only be the 2nd time having my crf250 on the trails, so any setup tips would be appreciated. I'm not quit sure the difference in the classes, so any help with that would help too. Looking forward for a change of pace, and hopefully meeting some more TT'ers.

Ace if you have a spot open, that would be cool. Or if anyone else wants some company, i'll be leaving from the portland area.

Thanks,

Mike

Alright, wife said ok, sending registration in this weekend. This will only be the 2nd time having my crf250 on the trails, so any setup tips would be appreciated. I'm not quit sure the difference in the classes, so any help with that would help too. Looking forward for a change of pace, and hopefully meeting some more TT'ers.

Ace if you have a spot open, that would be cool. Or if anyone else wants some company, i'll be leaving from the portland area.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

Should be able to hook you up with a spot. Run the Open Am class. That's what I will do if I race.

Check your suspension on the poker run on Sat and adjust accordingly.

Ace

I looked at the flyer and don't see any info on the POker Run on Sat. Any help on this would be great. Thanks.

Jeff

I looked at the flyer and don't see any info on the POker Run on Sat. Any help on this would be great. Thanks.

Jeff

Here's the link... there's a limit on the total number of riders so good to get your registration in. See ya there... Roger.

http://www.comacclub.org/

Got it. Thanks Roger.

Jeff

First the Question on the sound check. Lobos MC meets on Thursday eves in clackamas, OR. Don't know if thats near you or not. They can sound check for you there. I did the race 2 years ago. First ever race I have been in. Was doing awesome, besides all the cramps. Then shock linkage bolt gave at 81.5 miles. Had to push for 2 miles to next road, was still short about a mile to the finish. DNF. Will be there this year at #437 (10:37). Everything will be greased this time including my ass.

Everything will be greased this time including my ass.

:naughty::naughty: That's too funny! I needed that. Yea... don't leave home without the monkey butt powder!!!

Bigtom17 thanks, I'll check with the lobos crew, clackamas is just a couple miles away.

Ace, that would be great, just let me know. Open am it is then. registration being sent. thanks.

Mike

RIDER NUMBER : 956

START TIME : 10:56

Open AM

Hey Dalebob 77 your on the line right infront of me.Dont drag your feet ,lol

I'm going 450x,yellow drz,cr250 red gmc p/u be there friday afternoon my buddie is doing the dual sport ride on sat and we will do the ride on sunday :naughty:

Just got back from East Fort Rock this evening, undoubtedly my favorite place to ride in Oregon, although I was kind of disappointed, it's dusty as hell in the low areas and quickly deteriorating at higher elevations. We did a couple 50 mile loops Saturday and tried to stay out of the dust for the most part.

Word to the wise, if you haven't rode here before, make it a point to ride the Joker Poker Run the day before. The majority of the trails are wide enough for quads, but there are also quite a few tight & demanding single track sections every so often. All the switchbacks and blowdowns should keep you on your toes in the higher eleveation pumice trails, not to mention the occasional patch of ice. Also, the trails are rough. Deep whoops await you in most the trails, along with awesome braking bumps and nasty square edged bumps. You'll definitley wanna dial in your suspension prior to the event.

Hopefully you guys get some moisture next weekend, have fun. :naughty: