Sign in to follow this  

Which chain to buy ???

Well , its time for new chain .

What do you recommand to buy (same chain will be used for street SM and offroad rides)

and where is good place for prices? (I think i need around 112-114 links)

Ditto on the x-ring. Email TT and you should be able to get it from them. Check other places for price then take advantage of TTs 110% price match gaurantee.

Agreed on the DID X-ring - I've had one on my bike (supermoto use only) for two years and it's doing great.

How has the stretching gone for you DID X-ring guys?

Is it less friction in the X-ring links?

Agreed on the DID X-ring - I've had one on my bike (supermoto use only) for two years and it's doing great.

Why Xring and not Oring ?

I had always used D.I.D as replacements on various bikes over the last 10 years. I fitted several to my previous bike a Honda Dominator and the last but one before I sold it had a side plate fail. I thought at the time that some debris had been thrown into the chain causing the problem and just ordered and fitted another one.

After getting 6000 miles out of the OE chain on the DRZ it needed changing.

Went to order A D.I.D X ring from my usual supplier and he said they were no longer stocking D.I.D as they had several complaints regarding side plate failure, one case nearly resulting in a serious accident. He suspected that they were no longer being manufactured in Japan and quality had deteriorated.

I now have an E.K. X ring fitted which has done 1200 miles without needing any adjustment so far. I do clean it with paraffin before washing the bike and then lube it when dry. This is done once a week (350-400 miles).

Mine has had very little or none stretching at 3200 km. Previous streetbike of ours had almost similar chain, 13000km with very little stretching. Can't complain.

Mine stretched once to get used to me weight and then I readjusted it and haven't had to touch it since then. That was almost 3 years ago. prairiedawg :naughty::D:naughty:

cleaning with parafin? Does everyone do soo much more than me? I know I am probably underkill as I just wash mine and lube it after every ride, and by wash I mean just a pressure washer without soap...., mayb if it gets lucky, i will use some kerosene every few months

The regina ORS has 2.2mm plates innner and outer no lighting holes, their xring only has 2mm plates(why I got no idea).

I've got over 1500 miles on ORS and only 1 click of adjustment, street riding.

That's pretty dang good IMO, Xring is the latest , but if the Xring had that plating thickness I'd have gotten the xring in that brand.

The pin size and the plates are the most important IMO, the oring you have 1 big fat seal and xring you got two smaller sealing points. The regina ORS is a very smooth chain and BEEFY.

Mine doesn't seem to have stretched at all. Not even that initial stretch one might expect.

Why Xring and not Oring ?

It's what my buddy's shop had in stock :naughty:

The regina ORS has 2.2mm plates innner and outer no lighting holes, their xring only has 2mm plates(why I got no idea).

I've got over 1500 miles on ORS and only 1 click of adjustment, street riding.

That's pretty dang good IMO, Xring is the latest , but if the Xring had that plating thickness I'd have gotten the xring in that brand.

The pin size and the plates are the most important IMO, the oring you have 1 big fat seal and xring you got two smaller sealing points. The regina ORS is a very smooth chain and BEEFY.

Regina ZRD has "Zrings" and 2.2mm link plates. The Regina GPZ is also Zring and the same 2.2mm plates but has a slightly higher tensile strength than the ZRD at a slight extra cost. That is the chain I am going to order for my 450SM. :naughty:

Running a DID X-Ring right now. Hardly stretched at all and never got worse after the initial stretchin.

Your right they call theirs the Z ring, i remember the ATV chain was 2.2mm , they had some other x rings which weren't as heavy plating at the time I was looking. I popped over and looked at that chain you mention looks pretty decent.

I think this ORS will do well, but the one you mentioned including the ATV chain would be additional options with stout plating.