Technically what would happen if......

Just a couple of additional thoughts.

the oil mist is sucked into the combustion chamber and sent out the pipe. Find a modern car that doesnt have the pvc valve routed the same and then you'll be able to say you dont want it there.

There is enough suction to pull water up yet no dust could be drawn in? How heavy is dust where you guys live? :naughty: Since I have done this (over a year ago) the oil has consistently stayed clearer when I swap it out.

It does benefit the bike doing it, clean filtered air is better than dusty air.

the oil mist is sucked into the combustion chamber and sent out the pipe. Find a modern car that doesnt have the pvc valve routed the same and then you'll be able to say you dont want it there.

As a GM dealership master technician for some 25 years, I don't want it there. PCV systems do benefit car engines and road bikes that spend most of their time loafing around at 10% of their capacity, but it won't help a dirt bike to recycle half burned fuel and oil vapor.
There is enough suction to pull water up yet no dust could be drawn in? How heavy is dust where you guys live? :naughty:

It does benefit the bike doing it, clean filtered air is better than dusty air.

While running, air moves back and forth within the breather at a frequency dictated by the engine rpm, but there is a net outflow through the breather because combustion blow-by is being produced. More air moves out than in. I challenge anyone to find that the upper end of their breather hose has dirt in it, provided their bike runs at all normally.

Water is, under normal circumstances only drawn in through the breather if the engine is stalled with the bottom of the tube submerged. A vacuum forms as the interior of the engine cools down, and it is this force that raises water up the tube. The higher the water level, the sooner it starts.

This vacuum can be defeated by any number of means, your method included. Other approaches can be as simple as cutting a 1/4" vertical slit in the back side of the breather tube, which will cause an air leak if a vacuum is present and stop the draw. You can also add a T fitting to the pressure balance line between the oil tank and cam box, running a small vent up next to the fuel tank vent and stuff it down the steering tube. That provides a second entrance for air to the cooling engine so no vacuum forms.

pulling out the ole master technician for 25 years card on me huh? well well well crap. :naughty:

I like it that way, I have yet to see a downside to it, and my oil stays cleaner because of it apparently. And it helps to lube the top of the cylinder too. so there nah nah nah.

Well sir the one thing I have learned over these years of drinking and flaming on the internet. There has to be room for differences. We allow people in our everyday lives to do things differently than us without a second thought, but man oh man let them voice a different opinion on the forum(s) and it's a freeking holy war.

Cant we all just get along? :naughty:

Why you havent published a book on "recommended maintainence" for these newer 4 strokers, I dont know. You would definitely be able to fill it with sound advice and it would sell like hot cakes. There really isnt anything out there for the newbie and aspiring expert to tap for knowledge.

Why you havent published a book on "recommended maintainence" for these newer 4 strokers. [...] There really isnt anything out there for the newbie and aspiring expert to tap for knowledge.

why would people buy a book, when they can come here to TT and ask all sorts of difficult questions?

like,

why is my header red?

how do i change the oil?

what is the top speed of X?

what's the loudest pipe?

where is the carb?

how on earth are these people going to find the bookstore? even amazon.com requires searching skills to find the right book. how on earth could you expect to sell any of these books?

jim aka the wrooster :naughty:

'01 wr250f

LOL books sell like crazy.

People may only buy one or two for a given interest to have as an easy reference, even something to browse while playing king on the throne, but that one or two multiplied a 100000 times makes the sound of cha-ching.

There are a few books on the mechanichs of the bikes but they are getting outdated and it would be a easy way to enter the field.