Sign in to follow this  

Dumped my bike today...I feel like an a$$.

I took my son around the block a few times yesterday after I got back from a ride along Lake St. Clair. It was the one of the first nice days here in a while.

My bike started to sputter as I came up to my house the second time around. When I pulled in the clutch, it stalled, and as I let it back out to get it rolling again, the ass end locked up going up the driveway and I dumped it. We weren't rolling faster than a jog, but we went down fast. I did have enough time to get my leg off the peg and put it under the bike so the bike wouldn't land on my son's leg. The frame landed square on the inside of my left knee. :naughty:

He's fine, only cried for about 30 seconds with no injuries, but I couldn't bend my knee this morning. Sucks, as the wife and I are headed to the hospital today to have another child via C-section. Not a good way to start out my riding season.

Oh yeah...we were both wearing helmets.

What a bummer! Nice thinking tho to keep the bike off your son. Hope your legs heals quickly. With a new baby coming today you won't have time to ride anyway, so you'll have awhile to take it easy on the leg and let if fully recover.

Nice thinking tho to keep the bike off your son

now do some thinking about keeping your son off of the bike. :naughty:

Just remember, It could have been worse.... :naughty:

Enjoy the new baby..... :naughty:

Dumped my bike today...I feel like an a$$.

as long as you don't SMELL like an ass, I wouldnt worry about it. glad the boys ok, good luck getting the new one at the dealership. which model are you getting the pink or the blue?

Congrats on the new baby! Everyone does something stupid on a bike now and then. It's just part of the deal.

When does the boy get his own bike?

The deal is, when he's out of diapers, he gets a real bike. He's 2 1/2 now going on 19.

We will need the pink fiddy for the new one!

The deal is, when he's out of diapers, he gets a real bike. He's 2 1/2 now going on 19.

We will need the pink fiddy for the new one!

congrats on the new one, bro. :naughty::D

I think Don Waffle at the TT store can hook you right up with a pink fiddy. he has one. :naughty:

lol, the other day I was riding with my brother (on his new 660 grizzly) in a 4wd truck area... rutted all to hell... He commented on how good my bike still looked after a few months (still looks new) and I grinned and said "yep, I've never dropped it! :D "

about 30 seconds later, 4th gear pinned running through a muddy rutted section feeling pretty good about handleing the ruts so well then all of a sudden the rut I was running in split, front tire went with the left rut, back tire went with the right one... Needless to say I ate the dirt :naughty: Luckily it was muddy enough all I hurt was my pride :naughty:

Guess thats what I get for bragging :D