LTR Enduro Sunday!

Kind of dreading the drive though.

No kidding, quite a bit longer than Caprock. I'm going to break with my usual tradition of driving it all on Saturday, leaving Fri afternoon and staying in Dumas.

good job Rex on pulling the # 1 tag (you must of piss off some of those texas to get that row)make sure you get all the rock out of the way for us slower guys :naughty:

Ohhh I'll knock lots of rocks out of the way but they will probably be wayyyyy off the trail when I do it :naughty:

Ohhh I'll knock lots of rocks out of the way but they will probably be wayyyyy off the trail when I do it

Also, can you mark the trees for us? We'll be looking for the Yammie Blue scrape marks from your handguards on the tree bark.

Guys, just playing around on Mapquest and thought this might make you feel better. Using Dumas as a starting point, it's 237 miles to Fluvanna and 144 to Quitaque - not THAT much further. Plus, if you factor in the dirt roads you had to ride out to the trails and back at Caprock Canyon, the mileage difference is down to about 60! :naughty: Seriously, it takes just over an hour to get from my house in Lubbock to the lease on a good, flat highway, so maybe it won't be too hard on you. (PS - take the FM1269 turnoff from Hwy 84 to Fluvanna, not the FM612 alternate route. I know I said on the flyer that it's a steeper climb, but that's only about a mile or so and surely you guys can handle a little hill. That'll save about ten miles out of your way.)

If it looks like some of you are going to be pretty late, I'd be glad to give your scorecards, numbers and rollcharts to one of the early arrivals in case the sign-in is closed when you get there. Don't forget the free hot dog supper around 6 pm - not the ideal pre-race food, but it'll be fun.

I'm planning on going this weekend, it sounds like the course is going to be awesome! I most likely made a mistake, but when I put the course info in my ICO it gave me an error. Has anybody else programmed their computer? I was getting the error at the speed change at mile 56.3. Like I said, I probably messed something up so no need to panick.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I found my mistake. I missed the speed change at 49.9 so when I programmed in the speed change at 56.3 I was changing from 20 mph to 20 mph. If you ever download the program at a race make sure I wasn't the one that programmed it in the first place. I suck at it.

Thanks for the info Frosty, looking forward to being there!

I have a Watchdog Bryce, so can't say for sure on your speed change error, but I entered the program without any problems. I do know that us Colorado racers sure appreciate having the route info before arrival so we can iron these issues out.

Guys, just playing around on Mapquest and thought this might make you feel better. Using Dumas as a starting point, it's 237 miles to Fluvanna and 144 to Quitaque - not THAT much further. Plus, if you factor in the dirt roads you had to ride out to the trails and back at Caprock Canyon, the mileage difference is down to about 60! :naughty: Seriously, it takes just over an hour to get from my house in Lubbock to the lease on a good, flat highway, so maybe it won't be too hard on you.

The drive down isn't so bad since I will start on Friday and get to Dumas, then finish up on Saturday. It is the haul home I hate. I swear it felt a lot shorter last year coming home from Caprock!

Still, can't wait to ride some single track!

My son wants to ride this one so I'm gonna do it with him. The race site looks to be close to the same area and terrain as the Renegade Enduro. Should be a chance for lots of elevation change along the caprock. I'm going to start in the back so I hope you guys have knocked some of the thorns off those mesquites before I come thru. Tim

You guys are going to have a blast on the SS revenge!! It is some of the coolest trail I have ever be a part of laying out. I'll Have a littl Morgan on the long course first loop!

Merf. I cannot believe that you got on row one. At least you can start a good bottleneck on the 2nd. loop. Frost has laughed about that for a week.

I know you guys put in a LOT of hard work on the trails but at 6'4" I always seem to find a few face slappers that everyone else misses. My Bad. Its gonna be a hoot lineing up on the starting line with my son. Hope he likes it as much as I do. Tim

Geez, I thought I had found the one place on the internet where KTMSweeper was silent! Oh well, there goes the neighborhood. :naughty: Y'all just ignore his foreboding (like we do) and come have fun. I'm leaving right after lunch today and heading down - have a safe trip and we'll see you Saturday.

Merf. I cannot believe that you got on row one. At least you can start a good bottleneck on the 2nd. loop. Frost has laughed about that for a week.

Better to start it than to get caught in it!

Unfortunately, if you or Frosty get a chance to see this, I won't be able to make it. Feel free to give my slot away. I just got back from a trip to East Texas and am "drove out"

Best of luck to everyone and I look forward to the reports!

Merf

Better to start it than to get caught in it!

Unfortunately, if you or Frosty get a chance to see this, I won't be able to make it. Feel free to give my slot away. I just got back from a trip to East Texas and am "drove out"

Best of luck to everyone and I look forward to the reports!

Merf

Bummer dude!

I have the Coronas chilling in the cooler as we speak!