Quick Q re KTM fork guards

Hi

Just ordered a set of '97 250 fork guards and the guides from my dealer. Do I need seal savers or something to keep the finer/sticker crud off the fork inners? I notice USD forks dont have anything but then crud doesn't run down into the seals like it would on RWU (right way up) forks?

Cheers

Ian

Hi

Just ordered a set of '97 250 fork guards and the guides from my dealer. Do I need seal savers or something to keep the finer/sticker crud off the fork inners? I notice USD forks dont have anything but then crud doesn't run down into the seals like it would on RWU (right way up) forks?

Cheers

Ian

I've not found the need to use anything but the guards. Mud, rocks, sticks, sand,, nothing so far has caused a problem. Clean the bike after each ride

:naughty:

Cheers Bronco! I'll stick with just the guards.

I guess I ought to call the dealer back and make sure they're ordering black guards for me - orange ones on a yellow DRZ would be....well......puke.gif

Ian

Cheers Bronco! I'll stick with just the guards.

I guess I ought to call the dealer back and make sure they're ordering black guards for me - orange ones on a yellow DRZ would be....well......puke.gif

Ian

As far as I know,, they only came in black.. Never seen a part number for anything else.

Hi

Cheers

Ian

Ian, show me where, when, how and why :naughty:

Pictures,prices, and reasons please :D

PS. Next Enduro booked with WOR in Wales....1st May..!!! Yeehaaaaaa

:naughty:

MG

I had a fork seal start leaking a couple of weeks ago as a result of all the crud that had collected in the bottom of the concertina fork protectors. It cost £20 for the seals, another £15 for Silkolene 5wt fork oil and about £38 quid for a seal insertion tool. I don't want to have to go through that again so I decided to scrap the concertina guards and whack on the KTM jobs.

The part numbers you need are in this thread. I ordered the two guards and a pair of lower and upper clamps for them and it cost £14. I'm getting them from Laguna MCs in Maidstone as my other half works near there and can collect.

I'm in Enduros over two consecutive weekends. This Sunday is Eastbourne MX Club's enduro and, on 17th, I'm at Witley MCC's (my local club) hare and hounds at Iron Hill about 5 miles from me.

I'll let you know how it goes/how knackered I am! :naughty:

All the best

Ian