MXC's/lighting coils

If memory serves me correctly, don't the MXC's come with a lighting coil already installed? Anyone know the output rating?

Thanks,

Matt

DC or AC. I think it has a 35 watt output of DC, but you can float the ground to convert it but you will need a new regulator if you want more.

its about 100 watts

But is the 100 watt all DC power? I thought I was told it was around 35

I am not sure of the real rating but I know it is AC and the stock exc light does not dim at idle, it has plenty power. The exc and the mxc both comes with the 4k3b system. The 450 and 525sx comes with the 4k3a system what is a lot smaller and and have heard they put out about 45 watts. If you are trying to figure out if your stock stator has the power for a light ya it does and it has plenty power. If you want to change it to DC go to www.trailtech.net I looked it to all this when I put a light on my 03 525sx . I end up gettint the stator flywheel and lights off of a exc and they workd just fine for me.

I am not sure of the real rating but I know it is AC and the stock exc light does not dim at idle, it has plenty power. The exc and the mxc both comes with the 4k3b system. The 450 and 525sx comes with the 4k3a system what is a lot smaller and and have heard they put out about 45 watts. If you are trying to figure out if your stock stator has the power for a light ya it does and it has plenty power. If you want to change it to DC go to www.trailtech.net I looked in to all this when I put a light on my 03 525sx . I end up gettint the stator flywheel and lights off of a exc and they worked just fine for me.

The coil output is split between AC and DC. DC is needed to charge the battery so it goes there. The plug for the optional fan is also tapped off the DC power but running the fan a lot will run down the battery. The AC voltage goes to the lights.

I did the ground float on mine and ran it through a www.trickdualsport.com regulator so that I have all DC. Works great for me.