Sign in to follow this  

CRF 450x tights v/s weight

How do you guys like the way the bike handles in the tight single track stuff? Is it easy to flick around? Does It zap your energy level? How about those long whoop sections?

If you are after a track bike. Dont get am X, get the CRF 450. If you are looking for a track bike????? I have one and it is sweet. 2005 best bike made..

Once the sag is set, it's great in both. Coming off of a 2001 YZ426, this bike handles both single track and whoops better. Just my opinion.

I'm coming of an '04 KTM 300E. The weight is not noticable and the handling is great! More power and better for climbing hills. Nothing but TIGHT trails in Illinois. KTM is gone and I'm glad!

The weight is not noticable and the handling is great! More power and better for climbing hills.

Not noticeably heavier and better power than a 300EXC?? I've never ridden a 300 before, but from what I've heard, that's quite a compliment :naughty: .

skipnr8:

I know my 450X weighs more but I can't feel it when I ride. The Honda flicks right and left on thight trails just like my Katoom. I have over a years worth of time on my 300EXC and have ridden the same trails that I have been on all year, the Honda feels just as light. Go figure?! I can say that the Honda is a hill climbing fool compared to the KTM. I used to have to get a run at hills, now I start at the bottom and nail it, no problems. As I stated, I'm a KTM lover but the Honda just put my 300 to pasture. I'm hooked on red!