Gtown Eastzone Open

Just recieved an email from Jon Jue at the ranger office. The snow has melted in the eastzone and it is now open. WQestzone open and the souht winter range closed until may 1st for the deer.

if the rain is light thursday then this weekend will be great

Wednesday should be perfect then.

or monday!

Monday is too far away. I prefer tomorrow. I think I'm having eye problems because I can't see working tomorrow.

Kevin..would you attempt the DEEP water crossing now? or too deep? it looked awful deep like if you lost your momemtum for an instant then you would maybe flood your bike. the water was nearly to the top of that big rock within like 10" of covering that rock, the rock you keep to your left going from the south to the north isde.

Myself and two other A riders crossed it last Friday. My buddy Dave and I are on Yamaha YZ250s. We made it without a problem. But, my other buddy Shawn was on a '05 KTM 250EXC. He drowned out. We spent a half hour flushing the water out of his bike.

So, would I recommend crossing it? No. I've never seen that crossing as high as it was last Friday. When I first got to it I had doubts on trying it, but the two that were with me called me "chicken", so I went for it. I think I got lucky.

My hats off to you Kevin, I havent seen the crossing that deep ever.

I crossed it Sunday and will not attempt again until it lowers. I thought I was going to lose the bike twice during the crossing, porpoising (sp?) affect. I will give it some time before I risk that again.

My hats off to you Kevin, I havent seen the crossing that deep ever.

I'll second that! :naughty:

When Buick decided against it Saturday I knew it must have been deeper than it looked, and it looked deep. :naughty:

so yzwiley, are you the back to the future "marty" never wanting to be called "CHHHickenn" ? :naughty:

at least you can back it up :D:naughty:

so yzwiley, are you the back to the future "marty" never wanting to be called "CHHHickenn" ? :naughty:

Nice. You nailed it Bob.