Rockgardn Flak Jacket - 2004 or 2005???

Is there any big advantage to getting the 2005 flak jacket over the 2004 model? I found the 2004 version on ebay for cheap and would like to know if it's worth the extra $$$ for the 2005 model.

Thanks for any input!

Ted

A lot would depend on the price difference. There were a few updates for 2005, but not many. One thing I would advise is that their sizing charge on the RockGardn website is off. They say that the Small/Meduim is good for chest size 27-41". I'm very skinny and have a 39" chest, so I chose that one. Bad move....it's is super tight around the chest and I can barely get the zipper closed. It only feels restrictive when I first put it on....when riding it feels fine. Still, it is a bit to put on and if you take a break along the trail, it's even harder to fasten up when it's all wet from sweat.

I certainly can't fault the performance though. I've hit the ground hard several times and haven't had so much as a bruise.

Cheers,

Mac

I was looking recently at the sixsixone version any one have a comment on this model?

Thanks Mac. I can save $50 by getting the 2004 version. I think I'll save the dough. I appreciate your advice on the sizing too. :naughty:

Ted

I was looking recently at the sixsixone version any one have a comment on this model?

I rode with my new sixsixone for the first time this past weekend. Didn't even know I had it one most of the time. It could use a few more velcro straps to tighten it up in some spots. The articulated back spine is wonderful. I had to ask for help in getting my jersey on over the top of the spine, but it's very flexible, and did not interfer with the backpack, and even sitting with my back against a bench, the spine was not noticeable nor uncomfortable. I'd buy again and will wear it all the time now. :naughty:

I rode with my new sixsixone for the first time this past weekend. Didn't even know I had it one most of the time. It could use a few more velcro straps to tighten it up in some spots. The articulated back spine is wonderful. I had to ask for help in getting my jersey on over the top of the spine, but it's very flexible, and did not interfer with the backpack, and even sitting with my back against a bench, the spine was not noticeable nor uncomfortable. I'd buy again and will wear it all the time now. :naughty:

Hey thanks for the ginformation! I have a sixsixone defender chest protector now and it has served me very well. However, my last get off left me with some nasty road rash on my elbows thus making me think that its time to look at something slightly more modern than a turtle shell;)