Sign in to follow this  

Stock rims (XR650r) or no?

Hey all, please excuse me if this is a dumb question, but I'm a FNG in the world of motard.

I have a XR650R that I regularly ride to work and would like another set of rims that I can mount street tires on. I'm getting tired of swapping tires a few times a month!

Anyway, what are the advantages of using a motard specific rim over the stock rims with street tires? I assume it's so you can run a larger tire, but please clue this newbie in.

Also, what type/size street tire would work well on a stock rim?

Lastly, any good sites to go to for motard rims?

Thanks for any and all help!

Chris

I ran my XR650 R on the street with knobbies and it was no bueno. There really aren't adquate tirs that you can mount up to the stock rims that will give you any sort of resemblance to a SuperMoto Setup without the proper wheels and tires.

I just listed a brand new set of freshly built wheels on ebay yesterday that I had built before I sold my bike. Since you are in Colorado, I can save you the shipping if you'd like to pick them up or see them in person.

Here is the listing:

eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4542635146#description

I ran my XR650 R on the street with knobbies and it was no bueno. There really aren't adquate tirs that you can mount up to the stock rims that will give you any sort of resemblance to a SuperMoto Setup without the proper wheels and tires.

I just listed a brand new set of freshly built wheels on ebay yesterday that I had built before I sold my bike. Since you are in Colorado, I can save you the shipping if you'd like to pick them up or see them in person.

Here is the listing:

eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4542635146#description

Thanks for the hook up, but I just found a used rear, and ordered a new one from East Coast. Good luck on your sale, I'm sure you'll get an easy sale.