Sign in to follow this  

georgetown/ rock creek - Sunday 4/10

it's gonna be perfect loamy green dirt heaven at GT by sunday!

breakfast at Corner Kitchen at 7 am. main ride at 8 am at mace mills...... :naughty:

I should be able to get out one day this weekend. I'll shoot for GT Sunday. :naughty:

Maybe I'll invite 15 - 20 guys, let that tough trailmaster MorningRider whip them into shape. :naughty:

Hey Bob, is there any possibility of meeting up with your group later in the morning on Sunday?

I have to take my wife to the airport Sunday morning and can't get to Mace Mill until about 9:30. I could try to meet you at a trail intersection somewhere, or at the staging area anytime after 9:30, but I don't expect you to go out of your way or change your plans to meet me. I have a map of the area that shows all the loops. Think about it and let me know.

Thanks,

Ted

yea we can work something out...although it gets tough to...hmmmm if we run loop 2 first then come find you at mace mills that will work BUT you gotta be ready to go....so is it 930? or 10 or what?

Another idea could be for Ted to stage at Bald Mountain. We could easily spend an hour and a half getting there, and meet him there around 9:30 or so. :naughty:

yup thats a better idea. ted33 plan to meet us up at bald mountain staging area......only problem is thats where we'll leav you about noon as we make our way back to mace mills.........or try this meet us a four corners at 10 am. you stage at mace mills go down that 3-1 trail and follow the road all the way to four corners now that is a way to get lost foreve in the deep deep gt.

see I know that oldedude wants to save loop 2 for the afternoon and go deep in the morning......

Another idea is to stage at bald mtn. and ride over to mace mills.. :naughty: Or just start the ride at 10:00 and get some sleep in :naughty::D

:D:D:D I guess I'm pretty easy to figure out huh. :cry::D:D

I was definitely thinking it would be nice to get back to the 5s early enough to miss any traffic. Maybe even have the TrailBoss show me some trails I haven't ridden yet. Of course Darling Ridge is a great way to finish the day too. :naughty::naughty:

we don't need no stinking sleep. We need perfect spring trails alone from the crowds.

early byrd gets the worm. we'll take that top of Bald mountain black diamond goat trail buick ran me on once that will be our little challenge trail this week. then we'll find our way to trail 6-1 and over to the other side looking for slope mountain trails 7s and get down to the back side of the deep water crossing to meet up with ted33, ted you smimm acroos the deep water crossing and ..........

You guys are too nice sometimes... this is getting way too complicated just to try and accommodate me. I will just plan on seeing you at the Mace Mill staging area sometime around noon, if that's where you will eat lunch on Sunday. Otherwise I will hook up with you some other day.

I have a map that shows all the loops so I can't get THAT lost, can I? I will keep checking back here to track your ride plan and who knows... maybe I will catch up with you at some point. Does Honda make water wings for the XR400??? :naughty:

You guys are too nice sometimes... this is getting way too complicated just to try and accommodate me. I will just plan on seeing you at the Mace Mill staging area sometime around noon, if that's where you will eat lunch on Sunday. Otherwise I will hook up with you some other day.

I have a map that shows all the loops so I can't get THAT lost, can I? I will keep checking back here to track your ride plan and who knows... maybe I will catch up with you at some point. Does Honda make water wings for the XR400??? :D

Hey :naughty:

When this thread gets to about six pages :D then we'll end up meeting you at mace mills around 9:30.. :cry: Don't interrupt the bench racing :naughty::D

Hey :naughty:

When this thread gets to about six pages :D then we'll end up meeting you at mace mills around 9:30.. :naughty: Don't interrupt the bench racing :cry::D

Yeah, another idea would be for Ted to stage at Darling ridge, we could blaze out of Mace Mill, down through the Goat Trail, then down to the deep water crossing from that side. Ted could meet us there from the Darling Ridge side and we could witness him and his his XR walking on water to get over to us. :D

naw this is silly. we stage at darling ridge ride it, and loop 3 pick up ted at 930 and go deep to bald mountain, eat out on the trails come back...naw then gas is a problem. no no no

Look it has to be 8 am at mace mills we ride to darlin ridge and back do loop 3 gas up pick up ted and head out to bald mountain. that is the only way....nothing stoping us from still doing DR late again n the afternoon except exhaustion.

ted33 we need your commit time at mace mills........930 or 10 am? ready to ride or we pick you up at noon and ride DR with you. what's it gonna be?

:D Hey,

What about the guys who like to sleep!? You know, those guys who have a life!? :naughty::p:D

Baseball has been great! My son's BMOC on his Minor Little League team. All those trips to the batting cage are starting to pay off. :naughty:

My oldest daughter is 14 going on 25. I'm wrapped around her little finger. I can't cope, she flashes that smile and I'm whipped. My wife thankfully has her number. :D

The 3 year old little girl is spending much more time and Grandma's. Much to my mother's delight! I'm so glad that they like each other so much! :D

Wife is in much better spirits, she's getting around much better on those crutches. :D

I'm looking forward to the Stonyford weekend! :p I'm just biting my nails until then. Heck, my clutch cable hasn't arrived yet from Rocky Mt. :D

I love my new dirt bike! I just wish I could get out more and ride it! :cry:

Look it has to be 8 am at mace mills we ride to darlin ridge and back do loop 3 gas up pick up ted and head out to bald mountain. that is the only way....nothing stoping us from still doing DR late again n the afternoon except exhaustion.

Of course this makes the most sense, and is what we'll end up doing, but the other ideas are more fun to talk about til Sunday. :D

What about the guys who like to sleep!? You know, those guys who have a life!? :naughty::D:cry:

Oh, you mean the guys that never show up? :D

Just kidding. I didn't even have a bike when my kids were that age. Both my girls played softball, my youngest played year round (Feb- Nov) til her junior year in high school. It was full time raising the kids, and worth every minute. :naughty:

I got to ride my fathers 2000 300mxc on saturday and i must say, that bike is very quick and loves to wheelie (but i am only 120lbs), and superslyco, did you see the article in the April edition of Dirt Bike Magazine, it has a comparison of the 300 mxc and exc.

TED33 has a decent excuse. He has to take his wife to the airport. we make arrangements for people who want to ride, but as far as those who just like to sleep in or who have a life as you call it. They can go do whereever they like, when ever they like with whomever they want, BUT the morning train leaves at 8 am........and only because it's still April, When May comes the Morning train will leave even earlier at at 730. No whiners allowed.

when you find yourself out deep on the trails alone and it's only 9 am and the sky is beautiful. It's calm, quiet and serene...the air still has that fresh forest morning smell......then you know why you set the alarm. when you come in after a 3 or 4 hour full course ride for lunch and the camp is zooed with quads and familys and 2 stroke kids.........you know then why you set the alarm. when after a nice after-lunch ride, you find yourself satisfied and it's only 2:00 pm and you get home by 3 pm and the wife is happy you were'nt gone all day...or in my case I can clean the bike, mow the lawn and still relax in the cool evening with a good dinner....it's then you'll know why you set the alarm

Morning ride is an art form, monet and renoir rode and painted in the mornings, bob dylan said all his best inspiration comes in the early new morning. it's an aquired taste.......perhaps now that you have moved beyond the average XR dinosaur to a bike of premium choice, you would understand.......the call of the wolves is in the morning time. :naughty::naughty:

but kids come first, this is true...c ya at Stony. Bring that tiger.

TED33 has a decent excuse. He has to take his wife to the airport. we make arrangements for people who want to ride, but as far as those who just like to sleep in or who have a life as you call it. They can go do whereever they like, when ever they like with whomever they want, BUT the morning train leaves at 8 am........and only because it's still April, When May comes the Morning train will leave even earlier at at 730. No whiners allowed.

when you find yourself out deep on the traisl alone and its only 9 am and the sky is beautiful and its calm , quiet and serene....then you know why you set the alarm. when you come in after a 3 or 4 hour full course ride for lunch and the camp is zooed with quads and familys and 2 stroke kids.........you know then why you set the alarm. when after a nice after lunch ride, you find yourself satisfied and its only 2:00 pm and you get home by 3 pm an dthe wife is happy you were'nt gone all day...or in my case I can clean the bike, mow the lawn and still relax in the cool evening with a good dinner....its then you'll know why you set the alarm

Morning ride is an art form, monet and renior rode and painted in the mornings, bob dylan said all his best inspiration comes in the early new morning. it's an aquired taste.......perhaps now that you have moved beyond the average XR dinosaur to a bike of premium choice, you would understand.......the call of the wolves is in the morning time.

WOW.. :naughty: and its only Tuesday :naughty:

.... when you find yourself out deep on the trails alone and it's only 9 am and the sky is beautiful. It's calm, quiet and serene...the air still has that fresh forest morning smell......then you know why you set the alarm. when you come in after a 3 or 4 hour full course ride for lunch and the camp is zooed with quads and familys and 2 stroke kids.........you know then why you set the alarm. when after a nice after-lunch ride, you find yourself satisfied and it's only 2:00 pm and you get home by 3 pm and the wife is happy you were'nt gone all day...or in my case I can clean the bike, mow the lawn and still relax in the cool evening with a good dinner....it's then you'll know why you set the alarm.

Spoken like a true sunrise surfer. :naughty:

Just about all outdoor sports/activities I've enjoyed in my life are best in the early AM while the masses are still home sleeping. It's a great feeling to be worn out from having a full days worth of fun, and heading home when everyone else is just showing up. :naughty:

don't look now boys and girls, but Sharpie1 has joined the wolf pack. see the husky forum for more details. :naughty::naughty: