Mud

I was just wonderin how you guys deal with mud. Im talkin about thick sticky mud not puddles. I have a tendancy of gettin squirrley in mud and was just wonderin the best way to take it.

As much to the sides as possible.

2 ways. One is to crawl through it and possibly get stuck, having to shift up and get quite muddy, not a problem, but not as effective. Or just hit it as fast as you can and try and skim over the top. I usually go through slow on long mud patches, and fly over the shorter ones. Just pull the front end up over and gun it.

if you can wheelie any, just lift the front end up and youll go right through it. another thing that helps is standing, you have much better control of the bike while standing

if you can wheelie any, just lift the front end up and youll go right through it. another thing that helps is standing, you have much better control of the bike while standing

If you do that your back tire will act like a brake a throw the front wheel down i wouldent do that :naughty:

Althought this sounds like it would work, I wouldn't try it. For one I usually sit if I'm cornering in the mud, and try to read the mud as to whether to stand or not. I'm bad at explaining my riding style, but hey, it's mud.....just get in there and get dirty and you'll find the best way for you to get through it! :naughty::naughty:

Gas it hang on and enjoy the ride, and roost your buddies while your at it :naughty:

I would stand with your weight back over the rear tire and twist the throttle! In corners, twist the throttle and weight the outside peg so you turn! (There's lots of mud in Washington!) :naughty:

Just gas it and skim over it. kind of like in sand, the faster you go the better it will be.

Look well ahead so you can pepare for the obsticale, momentum is the key stay loose on the bike & keep driving forward,keep the bike in the meat of the powerband,don't tense up,let the bike swap around under you, just keep it pointed in the right direction & keep driving forward,good tires,body position,throttle,clutch & brake control are a must!!. Good luck, only time on the bike will give you the confidence needed!!. :naughty:

dont let off the gas. stay a gear low. and watch out for those tricky logs that are under the mud.

yea, ive tried most of the techniques mentioned. I have ALOT of experience riding mud, and usually momentum is the key. But other fastors are making sure the mud in between the knobbies is clearing out and keeping the front wheel up as much as possible(because once the front goes down, you are all done!). If u can take a new line, normally this will get u thru much quicker, But the swamp i ride thru behind my house, is no rock filled water hole, IT IS PURE MUCK! I have come off a steep hill in high second on my crf 150 and hitting the mud at full momentum and because I went thru a rut it completely soaked up every ounce of speed, So keep ur Front up! Oh yea, fresh knobbies is always a plus :naughty: