I'm Skeered!

Hey everyone. I need some help with a new local track that is kicking my butt. It is mostly table tops, but every jump is super steep and kicks you so hard that it scares the livin' crap out of me. Most jumps are right out of corners and I can't make myself hold the throttle on enough to clear the jumps. What do you think? :naughty:

Hey everyone. I need some help with a new local track that is kicking my butt. It is mostly table tops, but every jump is super steep and kicks you so hard that it scares the livin' crap out of me. Most jumps are right out of corners and I can't make myself hold the throttle on enough to clear the jumps. What do you think? :naughty:

Dont push yourself. Wait until you arent skeered no mo'!!! :naughty:

When you're ready, you'll just do it one day. Then you'll feel unstopable.

Do you remember the first time you rode a bicycle?? It like that, you just feel untouchable. Then CrAsH!!!! JK Good luck. :D

well i am in az also and ride all the tracks around the valley, and it sounds like your talking about motoland or motogrande,------but anyway,

you need to be scared and respect the bike and don't do anything crazy.

it takes alot of time to learn proper technique and to gain body position and learn how to correct a problem before it bites you.

wear are you riding ??

ahh them good ol table tops, my frist real crash was on a table top, i whiped the bike on accident and never came out of it lol. i was so scared to jump that thing again and like every time i rode it i always half jumped it or rolled it and it got to me so bad that one day i just said F@#* it and gunned the throttle and cleared it and went on my way i felt so good just because i got it done and over with. and once you do it a few times your like hey there aint nuttin to this what was i scared of ? but easier said than done right ? it just gonna take some courage and a lil of that i don't give a s@#* attitude and just do it. :naughty:

One thing about kickers,the faster you go the less it kicks you.2 ways of getting a jump first jump halfway and see what throttle position your at then you know how much more you need.Next get someone with the same bike as yours that is making the jumps and ask him to get you over the jump.In other words follow him over.Keep the same speed just behind him and you will be over.I have done this and it works.

yes motoland has some cool jumps, and they are fun and easy if you are in shape and understand what to do, ----now on the whoops be very carful there, thoes will bite you hard.( those are for when you get strong )

you have to hit most all of those jumps with a 2nd and 3rd gear seat bounce and you have to have momentum and you have to commit and can not hedge at all or you stand to get hurt. the jumps almost don't have enough room for two bikes , only two bikes that know what to do can go acrossed them because you are going across the jump from left to rt because it is so small and on turns and the dam things are steeeep you go from one side to the other and it is not a good set of jumps to learn with some one by your side .

the in the hole and out the hole is a straight one with some room and you can be pulled over this one very easy by another rider and it is not a hard seat bounce goin in just a soft one ,--i would start with that one !!

what bike do you ride and what class do you ride ??

Kelstr-

I'm riding an '05 CRF450. I'm a beginner. I used to desert ride a while back, but got hurt and sold my bike. I just got the 450 about 2 months ago and have been mostly riding ET. I quickly went from clearing nothing at ET the first time I was there, to clearly almost everything the second time (until they added the step-down to triple). After progressing so quickly at ET, I was pretty bummed when I couldn't do crap at Motoland. I was riding at least once a week, but my wife had our second baby on Easter weekend, so I missed a week and felt like I forgot everything and lost all my confidence. I'm up for any advise that people are willing to throw at me. :naughty:

well i also ride a 05 450 and a 05 250 crf's and the motoland is way more technical than e.t. -----e.t. is nothing ,its an 80 track at best :naughty: , and it kills me because its 3 min from my east mesa house :naughty:

but you should go next door to motogrande , now thats a track , but it will hurt you bad , don't go there until you get real strong, you can't be but about 4' off anywhere and you get slammed down bad, ----but it is fast and cool .

but you just need to work on one jump at a time at motoland until you get them all down and then you put it together and you got it.

i got it all down in the second practice but i have been doing this for years.

the whoops will kill you tho i can do 3,3,3,3,3 when I'm fresh and rip hard in forth on the 450 , but when tired i can triple in and blitz out , but it is hard and one little mistake and you screwed, so just do 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2 and your way safer and wont die.

Man you're not alone. I just came back from riding at a new track (new for me) and it kicked my butt. I was clearing 2 out of the 10 or so jumps, I just had no confidence coming out of the winter (4 mos off the bike). Plus I rode a 97 CR250 the last 2 season and this is my first run on the 450. I agree with everyone's advice. I have first hand knowledge that timid will get you hurt. I was trying to figure out a relatively small downhill double and I backed off too much being timid and didn't make the gap. Bounced bad and went down hard. I didn't get hurt but I bent my subframe and scared the crap out of myself. Anyway take it easy and when you're ready pin it and don't be timid if there's a gap. My 2 cents.

Thanks for the advice. It's funny because I left Motoland on Sunday and went to Grande. I'm not nearly as intimidated by Grande. The jumps don't kick me as much. Although, I did try the big table right in the middle of the track that's right before the step up, came up short and bounced all the way down to the bottom. I kept it on two wheels, but dang if I didn't smash the goods! That's kind of what's frustrating me. Everyone says Grande is scary, but it doesn't bother me nearly as much as the jumps at Motoland did. Who knows, maybe I'm nuts :naughty:

I'm also in east Mesa. Right by Red Mountain H.S.

By the way, thanks for the buzz kill. I was all stoked that I was clearing everything at ET. :naughty:

yes motogrande will lure you in and it is ok and kinda kool and then out of the blue it happens you overjump the Finnish line road jump or the triple in the back or the out of the hole double and man you slam the up side face of the other jump ramp from 20' up and oh man dose it hurt,----the first time i did it it was the Finnish line jump and it was the last lap of the race and i almost passed 1st place for the win but i did not have strength left to scrubb and i just hit it and i looked back to see if i made the pass and of course i did not , but i looked back under me an oh man i did not know that you could jump the road jump and you can go all the way and quad the dam gap almost kinda but not really and i hit so hard on the dam up hill that i dislocated both shoulders , broke a foot peg of the crf and my ankle and my balls have never been the same since.

so man oh man the grande is the koolest and it looks safe,-----but there is no where to run when things go to $hit , and it is always a bad hit.

then in the middle of the track that down hill drop off double ( i think thats the one you are talking about that you shorted) man wait till you overjump that one, :naughty::naughty: -----that is like the dune that Seth overjumped , you just keep dropping for ever and you gain so much speed and you know the wall and the hit is comming and dam it is just horrible , i did that shortly after i got healed sorta from my last overjump, and i just bailed off an tried to grabb and slide down the wall thats close to your rt side and at least scrub some speed that way ,-----so just be real careful there on a 450 , it will bite hard !!!

That's funny! :naughty: I think that I'm more intimidated by the takeoff than the lander. :D Thanks for the insight, though. Good lookin' out! :D

Are you going out this weekend? I was thinking of going to Speedworld. Maybe I could mooch some knowledge from you? :naughty: That is if you are who you say you are! :D

speed world is fun and safe, lots of room when things go wrong :naughty:

this weekend i have my oldlady's ant comming into town and living with us untill god knows when :naughty:

so i am going to be stuck with e.t.

hopfully i will be out there both days

i have the 40' tripple axle toyhauler, pulled by a black duramax chevy.

i have # 52 on my 05 450 .

come over and lets ride!!

try smaller tracks first like build one and then work your way up if you start small and go big you wont be scared except the fist few times you start going off big jumps, it helps alot if you go off small jumps to start off with

It's not that the size of the jump scares me. I have no problem pinning it on a long jump, or getting lots of air. What bothers me is when a jump is real steep or lippy and kicks me hard. I don't feel like I have the bike control to recover if something should happen. I know I should just hit it and learn, but it's easier said than done. :naughty: