Sign in to follow this  

Works connection.. Eng. Gaurds, rad gaurds with petcock relocator *pict*

Just got done installing the engine gaurds and Rad gaurds with the petcock relocater.. This is how I would grade the products..

Directions = A dumb monkey can install these with these directions hehe As easy as it gets.

Fit & finish= perfect fit Works connection products are second to none. Period

The engine gaurds are awesome they go down and protect further than stock (alot further) very durable feel to them , these puppies will with stand alot of abuse.

The rad braces are also top notch I had these on my 04' crf and just like them they are perfect fit and very durable.

rightsidefinish.jpg

leftsidefinish.jpg

leftsideenggaurd.jpg

lftsidedrill.jpg

noshroudleft.jpg

noshroudright.jpg

Nice! What did all that cost? Was it a kit or all separate? I wonder if you order them bare and have them anodized red?

I meant to ask you hoss, what ended up being the problem with your throttle the other day?

Greg you know what' I have no clue but it went away? I sprayed a little wd40 in the throttle housing and slid the grip off as far as it would go and sprayed wd40 on the bar.. I rode fri,sat and it worked perfect.. Not sure what the problem was.. Now I need to figure out my suspension.. I had it revalved but it's just not working the way I want it. It is pretty harsh in braking bumps still..Plus I can't figure out what I should run my sag at? I have it at 103mm right now but I think I may go to 100mm and try that then up to 105mm to see what I like better.. The product from WC cost me something like $150 bucks and that was a killer deal for that stuff. I have been using WC products for a long time and never any issues there stuff is top notch. Oh ya, the rad braces and petcock is together in the package and the engine gaurds are in there own package..

:naughty: Looks nice! I have thought about the radiator braces with petcock relocation, but I haven't purchased them yet. As far as sag goes, I am 200lbs, and I am running mine with more sag, around 106mm with less rebound. This settled the back end down some and I notice braking bumps less also.

As far as getting radiator braces anodized red, Works Connection does not offer custom colors, but you may be able to have it done locally.

i want to get one of those hotstart relocaters with the radiator brace kit.

im 90% sure the Works Connection site said the brace kit was around $100

looks like it worked out good :naughty:

SRR820

Be sure to specify that you want the cable with the hot start. I ordered one and they just sent me the hot start button at something like $60 and when I called to get the cable they charged me another $60 just for that :naughty: Probably my fault though, I just figured since I was ordering for an RMZ 450 that they knew it needed the cable.

UPDATE: WC messaged me and said that they made their staff aware that the RMZ 450 requires the hotstart cable so all should be well now. :D