Sign in to follow this  

motocross?

I am 14 years old and all that i have done to me bike is airbox. I will be getting bars and exhaust soon. My question to you is...what division should/could i run in? 65's?85's? the guy at the track even said somthing about 125cc open class?!?!?! please help

You can race in the 85 class because you allowed to race anything that is up to 2x the CC's of what 85's are. And also if your race promoter has a class called something like 90-150 4 stroke class you should be able to race in it also.

My son (12) races his TTR125 with the 85cc class and kicks butt. (he's getting a YZ85 in a week or 2 for his Bday)

find a mini fourstroke class or an XR100 class. they should let you run there. There is a guy at my local track that races a big bore TTR in the 125 novice and wins regularly. dirtydirtdan dont respond to him its just gona give him the pleasure of stirring up an argument.

Our track has a class simply called, trail, 100-200cc, and trail 50-100 cc, these are not district recognized race classes as of yet, at least in d-14. but we still get to race and have fun. good luck!

you need a new bike. there is no class for the ttr125, it is a piece of crap.
Then why are you hanging around the TTR forum?

sniff sniff I think we gots a troll!!!You know the same could be said for a wr-450 there heavy they have a OLD frame,and they got that button!!!Now what man in his rite mind would want that.(OK I know we also have one but shhhhhhh)Anit it grand when a kid er guy come in with his 20 post and starts bashing other bikes?Oh well with post like that he er it wont be here long!!

My son also rides the 85 -125 class and does just fine,he is down on power and age but he still does great!!Maybe the troll will tell us how FASSST he is.

I bet he could smoke all of us in a single bound! :naughty:

you need a new bike. there is no class for the ttr125, it is a piece of crap.

The WR-450 if ridden at a MX race in the pro class would be considered a piece of crap as well.

That type of reply has no place here. For a trail bike, or even as a start in the lower classes of MX the bike is fine. Can you win on it? No. Can you learn on it? Yes.

The TT-R line is not meant to be race bikes, so to say they are "crap" because of that is extremely shallow on your part.

I agree. The ttr may not be super fast but I can almost keep up with my cousins and friends and the ride 125 two stroke motocross bikes. Its not because they suck at riding its because of the way I ride and take the best lines. As for a class for the 125 as said before you can race in the 85cc class and often there are mini classes at many tracks.

Looks like you're gonna have to add a new wing to the house with all those bikes!!! LOL... I'm planning on getting my son the same bike in a year or so. He got his first bike (TTR125) about months ago, and we're planning on hitting the track for the first time in May.

Southrn50

thanks for the input guys. My friend has a 300ex. bone stock and as you know all my bike has is an airbox mod.which one would be faster on a straight away? and on the track? Id race him myself ,but my dad wont let me

sniff sniff I think we gots a troll!!!You know the same could be said for a wr-450 there heavy they have a OLD frame,and they got that button!!!Now what man in his rite mind would want that.(OK I know we also have one but shhhhhhh)Anit it grand when a kid er guy come in with his 20 post and starts bashing other bikes?Oh well with post like that he er it wont be here long!!

My son also rides the 85 -125 class and does just fine,he is down on power and age but he still does great!!Maybe the troll will tell us how FASSST he is.

I bet he could smoke all of us in a single bound! :naughty:

Just curious..............why do people here on TT, call people trashing different bikes trolls?

ok, i have a ttr125 and it is a pos, it had no power, no ground clearance, and no purpose in life other than to be a learners bike. i only trail ride and the ttr125 has no place on the trails. a ttr225 is ok and the ttr250 is pretty good, ttr125 is junk.

This track i go to sometimes has a pitbike race and it ranges from 50-150cc. Thats what id race!! i think the ages are unlimited.. its awsome

my friend has a kx 125 and he wants me to race in liberal kansas i talked to him and said i would race in tha 80 2 stroke division im not that good but its just for fun i have a TTR 125 L

ok, i have a ttr125 and it is a pos, it had no power, no ground clearance, and no purpose in life other than to be a learners bike. i only trail ride and the ttr125 has no place on the trails. a ttr225 is ok and the ttr250 is pretty good, ttr125 is junk.

just b/c u got a wr450f dont meen nuttin.wr450f is a pos,no power,no ground clearence, no purpose in life than 2 be learners bike. a damn xr650 could dust ur wr450f

wr450fyamaha

You are a hater. There is no place for u in this forum if all u do is talk crap on the bikes we ride. I'm not gonna lower my self and do the same thing to u. Peace out