head bearing nut socket

Is Suzuki the only place to get the steering nut socket (special tool), or is it available elswhere. Or is there another tool to do the job?

Thanks

Yes you can order it through the OEM,, yes you can order one through Motion Pro, Yes you can make one that works.and yes,, you do not need one :naughty: There are lots of tools out there thet will work,, from a canon plug wrench, to a bike bottom bracket wrench,, and or the tool made for the job,,plus lots of others. :naughty:

Are there different sizes, and if so, which do I need?

While on the subject of tools, are there any other special tools I should be collecting for future maintenance.

Are there different sizes, and if so, which do I need?

While on the subject of tools, are there any other special tools I should be collecting for future maintenance.

With meaning to sound like a PIA,, umm the size that fits the DRZ :naughty: Not really a "SIZE" just the one made for the DRZ head tube.. Or any hook tool will work.. Just have to be a bit inventive.

As for what other tools.. they are lots,, and without knowing what you have, what work you want to do,, the list could be quite exhaustive.

Hmm, well on second thought,, I no longer see the head nut socket on the MP web site,, so they may no longer offer it,,or it is just not listed.. Try a call or email to confirm.

A bicycle bottom bracket tool is cheaper and alot easier to find. Just ride your DRZ to your local bicycle shop, go in and tell you need a bottom bracket tool but first want to make sure it fits. They will most likely have them in stock, and if not will definately have some in their shop you can check for size then order.

I used a drift (aka screwdriver) and light taps of the rubber mallet. Its not really tight...and shouldn't be too tight. Take your time and check the play...and all will be good.

I then used a tourqe wrench on the top nut.