Syracuse area guys- Hey! Dinner!

Hey! I'm in temp housing at my new job... Bored!

Anyone up for dinner wed or thurs, maybe sometime next week?

I'm down in Binghamton NY, about an hour south. Good tap beer up in 'Cuse, check out Clarks:-)

Anyway, are you up there perm.?? I'd be up for a meet sometime so I can swill up some knowledge, I'm a bike newbie and don't know sh*t LOL (I ride sleds and hate summer so I'm gonna try DS riding to see if it helps pass the time).

Hey, Phreak. yeah, I'm only temp living until a house closing, then it'll be all of us up here- wife, kids, dog, and bike!

Dual-sport is my thing, that's why I've got an XR650L! Check out the possibility of putting street-crap on a dirt-bike, if NY allows.

Want to meet halfway and chow? Or up around here? Or a good spot in Bing?

I just confirmed today I'm pretty screwed for the next two weeks time-wise, but maybe I could squeak up next week or something! Do you know your way around Syracuse pretty well??

A group of guys will be doing some DS riding Ithaca/ Cortland area, not too far for you. Local independent bike shop will host a few informal rides. A few big 2 day National DS rides not that far... Mill Hall PA, Hancock NY. Our club(Ithaca Dirt Riders) have had a 2 day National DS in the past, but interest has been low the last few years. PM me if you are interested.

Phreak, I'm getting to know it pretty well.

Lket me know.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By woodsrider4
      Has anyone around New Jersey heard of Lepis Land? I found people talking on other forums about it and how riding there is by donation only. Does anyone have anymore information about it or a phone number to contact them?
    • By Agitator
      10/17/08 UPDATE! I posted more photos on page 2. Not all pictures are on page 1. I will constantly be adding more photos as I go along.
      Many of you have heard of my starting/idle problems with the 610. Carburetion has been ruled-out time and time again. I sensed something else was going on. The engine has never wanted to idle down, sounded like there was a load on it even in neutral. Since I had metal filings in my oil when I first got it, I have now decided to overhaul it and make everything ship-shape. It turns out that I was correct- there is some valve damage that I will talk about later.
      I don't like to take apart dirty engines and get the dirt inside 'em

A little gross.

My cleaning station:

A little better now

Clutch removal:

after removing springs

bottom of pressure plate

everything looked decent as far as wear

after removing plates

basket after removing hub

Area after removing basket.

Removing the starter gear with snap ring pliers

More to come. I'm uploading pictures of the case splitting, etc...
      I'll try to ease off on the photo-over-obsession. The next batch of info/photos will be a little more interesting.
      Comments and suggestions are appreciated. I'm already ordering parts from George so before I know it, I'll be just waiting on new parts (after a little more cleaning.
    • By mustang16844
      Anyone heading to rocket sunday other then Greg and me? Gonna wait till sunday so the quads won't be there. Looks like a nice weekend. I am not sure how many of those we are gonna get.