Plastic parts are wearing down frame

This is on my 04 450. I bought the bike a month ago from a good friend. I was checking the valves this weekend and noticed that where the tank sits in the frame it(the frame) is being wore down considerably. There is also wear marks on the side where my rad covers are making contact with the frame. Is there supposed to be anything between the tank and frame? It has the rear rubber cushion and i was able to adjust the tank up off the frame when i re-assembled.

This is on my 04 450. I bought the bike a month ago from a good friend. I was checking the valves this weekend and noticed that where the tank sits in the frame it(the frame) is being wore down considerably. There is also wear marks on the side where my rad covers are making contact with the frame. Is there supposed to be anything between the tank and frame? It has the rear rubber cushion and i was able to adjust the tank up off the frame when i re-assembled.

I think the best way to fix this permanently is to stick a small broom handle between the frame and plastic.....heat it GENTLY with a blow dryer or heat gun.....let it cool with the broom handle inserted.....waalaaa....No rub .

:naughty:

Not a problem on the 2005 450X I took the gas tank off to install the Baja street kit and there were rubber spacers between the gas tank and the frame. No problem with the new bike.

2005 450x

2005 Shadow spirit 750

Not a problem on the 2005 450X I took the gas tank off to install the Baja street kit and there were rubber spacers between the gas tank and the frame. No problem with the new bike.

What about where the X shrouds touch the frame. The R models rub the aluminum and create indentions in the frame. I also use the n-style clear background stuff, It rocks and stops the wera completely