Teardown....

Everything looks GREAT!!! Valves are still in spec...piston has no blowby....valves are fairly clean....

I have the 2004 and the new 2005 head side by side, going to take some pics in a few and post them up...the 2004 head is...cavernous...on the intake ports as compared to the 05 part....you won't believe the difference until you see how much it is....

soon....

I have a cut away of the two heads (drawing) showing the specs and differences between the two....very very dramatic, Honda was going after big time intake velocity increase on that one.

cant say where I got it....

but I can post it

hmmm

HR

:naughty:

Tore it down last night in prep for the new cylinder head and piston...

Anyway, back to the valve issue thing...once again, I seem to be charmed...at ~35 hours of hard mx use...the valves are still in spec and have not moved since I bought the bike. I atribute this to religious air filter cleanings and oil changes. The piston looks wonderful, with no blowby under the ring (testament to the hard break in theory), and easily looks like it could go another few months...but I am replacing it anyway...the cylinder skirt shows no obvious wear marks or cracking. The camshaft lobes are spotless and there is absolutely no scarring on the journals, etc. A big :naughty: for Mobil-1 15w50....

Anyway, I am assembling the new valves and springs into the 05 head today, and wil be going back together tomorrow evening with the new piston...dry baby! With the better 2005 head and 13.5:1 piston, I expect to see a considerable increase in power over the current 2004 setup. Especially with some juicy Ultimate-4 fuel behind it... :naughty:

2005 HEAD...much smaller intake ports...I can't get my 2004 pics to work...

head.jpg

I should hopefully have my head back by fri night (04 ported and polished) and I will post pics of it. I cant wait to ride again. Its been 3 months! This thign should hopefully scream though!

therapture: I am getting an error preventing your pictures from loading.

therapture: I am getting an error preventing your pictures from loading.

Yeah the Cox webservers are acting crazy tonight...one minute they work...the next nothing does...maybe they get it fixed tomorrow...it keeps corrupting my newly uploaded images for some reason...and then it says I don't have permission to access my own page...then it works again for a couple minutes...it is basically FUBAR'ed.

Updated..kind of...damn Cox webservers are still fubar'ed.......

I have a cut away of the two heads (drawing) showing the specs and differences between the two.... cant say where I got it.... but I can post it

I'd like to see that.

I'd like to see that.

Me too....post 'em up....since my damn webserver has gone nuts.. :naughty::naughty:

Anyway, back to the valve issue thing...once again, I seem to be charmed...at ~35 hours of hard mx use...the valves are still in spec and have not moved since I bought the bike.

only one moved 1 thou before then...

I atribute this to religious air filter cleanings and oil changes. The piston looks wonderful, with no blowby under the ring (testament to the hard break in theory)

and it was broken in hard...

and easily looks like it could go another few months...but I am replacing it anyway...the cylinder skirt shows no obvious wear marks or cracking. The camshaft lobes are spotless and there is absolutely no scarring on the journals, etc. A big :naughty: for Mobil-1 15w50....

:D The stuff works. :naughty:

And this is why I was jazzed to buy it from you, I had been looking for a good used 2004 or 2005...I was glad to get an immaculate one... :D

only one moved 1 thou before then...

and it was broken in hard...

:naughty: The stuff works. :naughty:

Some local guys might come up to VP this weekend, you riding? I may come, not sure yet. If you'll be there I may try to work it out to go.

04/05 R head differences

o4o5250fhead.jpg

HR

Some local guys might come up to VP this weekend, you riding? I may come, not sure yet. If you'll be there I may try to work it out to go.

I can do saturday....err....sunday would be better????

ok...get back to you tomorrow, will try to make it happen.

Lets go Sun :naughty: Call me to see whats up.

Can't do this weekend, but I want to come this month. Talk to you later bud.