Sign in to follow this  

Mounting a power outlet on a DRZ S

I want to mount a power outlet on my drz to power my gps and or charge cell phone. Anyone done it? Whats the best way to do it? Where did you mount it? Where did you get the parts? Thanks!

I went to the local walmart and bought a cig lighter y adapter, cut off one of the female ends and wired it in to the harness behind the gauges. Both constant 12v and switched are there for the choosing :naughty:

I did on me E I direct wired to my battery with an in line fuse and 3.1 volt converter for the gps. I can remove the converter and plug in a cell phone. works great I got all the parts at radio shack and the converter from garmin.

3.1 volt converter for the GPS

I think the BMW 12-Volt Accessory Outlets are best on motorcycles. Do a search on Google and you should find them.

I bought a whole setup from http://www.powerletproducts.com/ for $30 on my S. It comes with an in line fuse and the Garmin DC adapter has the volt converter already in it, so i did not have to worry about that. It set me back $30, but my brother bought all the accesories from Checkers and spent $22 to do the same with an E. It is a nice setup and I like it. I mounted it on the bracket where the light sits. It is a pretty smooth. If want to spend more money, the same website offers a BMW socket type outlet that is more secure and snaps in there better. It costs more for the accesories to make it work, but it was just fine with me.