rear tire size....

will a 120/90 fit in place of the 110/90 thanks kc

Yes. I am running a Dunlop 120/90 on my CRF450. Just make sure you have your chain tighten because if its too loose it will rub your side knobbies prematurely.

Yes, I went from a 110/90/19 to a 120/90/19 with absolutely no problems of Any kind.:worthy:

Yes. I am running a Dunlop 120/90 on my CRF450. Just make sure you have your chain tighten because if its too loose it will rub your side knobbies prematurely.

If your chain is moving side to side like that its shot, and needs to be replaced. The only way a chain 'should' move is up and down.

If your chain is moving side to side like that its shot, and needs to be replaced. The only way a chain 'should' move is up and down.

that only happens with poopy non-o-ring chains:prof:

Keep in mind that the PROFILE will also be larger (the 2nd number indicates the height of the tire .... you take the 2nd number and multiply it by the first and that will give you the sidewall height)

120/90 = 108 mm

110/90 = 99 mm

Now putting the 120/90 tire on will raise the back of your bike by 9mm (shifting more of its weight forward) ... and might impact the geometry.

Personally, if I wider tire is what you want, I would go with a 120/80

120/80 = 96mm ..... the will DROP the back end by 3 mm which can be offset by lowering your front forks tubes in the triple clamps slightly.

You will find that people will tell you to run 120/90 because they do, but that does not change the fact that a larger profile tire WILL DEFINITELY impact your bike geometry (this is an undesputable fact). Whether you notice the change of not, its a personal preference. I put a larger profile tire on ONCE, and never again ... its came off after one ride.

Good luck in your decision ... just remember to take into consideration what impact a larger tire will have on your bikes geometry and riding position.:worthy:

i would add that a 450 needs a bit of tire spin, the fact is that the increase in traction will require more throttle and clutch control..the 110 90 makes for more usable power delivery. this is the same theory with paddle tires in the dunes 12 vs 10 vs 8....hook up is not always equal speed...

I place a 120 dessert IT and it rips. Climbs awesome and no problems. Will do it again when it wears out