Whats the rubber piece in the cylinder head?

I have a 2005 dr650 and would like to know what the black rubber thing is for thats in the cylinder head fins.

More than one? Lots of older bikes used these blocks of rubber jammed in there as resonance dampers to help prevent cylinder fin ringing. But when they have them there's usually a handfull scattered all over the cylinder.

Yup.... ditto !

So no big deal if this one piece on the left side is removed or falls out?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now