Photoshopped new colors

I was curious to see what a KLR 650 would look like in blue and this is what I got:

2006klr650.jpg

Also, check out the red yammi 450 I made:

wr450redredframejpg.jpg

I think I may go back and do it with a grey frame, the red is a little too much.

And just for fun, here's a green crf 450:

crf450greenjpg.jpg

And a copper Kawi 250f:

kawacopper.jpg

And a gray trx450r:

trx450rgreyjpg.jpg

I would love to see both the klr 650 and especially the Yamaha 450 come out in the colors I made. :naughty:

Tell me what you think, and show me some photochops of your own :naughty:

I just redid the yamaha to have a black frame instead:

wr450redblackframejpg.jpg

I think it looks a little better that way.

How do you do that? I have the latest Photoshop and I cant for the life of me figure out how to change colors like that... :naughty:

Hehe, I actually used a free program cuz I'm cheap. Its called PhotoPlus 6.0. It doesn't do nearly as much as photoshop, but it was easy to use and free, but its limited in the colors you can make.

Wow! Those are awesome! Well done, might I add. Paint me a white DRZ400 would ya!?

Dan

Wow! Those are awesome! Well done, might I add. Paint me a white DRZ400 would ya!?

Dan

Can't do white with the free program :naughty:

You still didnt tell me how to do it....?

You still didnt tell me how to do it....?

well with the program i used, i zoomed into the area I wanted to color, then hand-selected the area with the wand thingy, selected the color I wanted to use, then colored over it. not sure how it works in photoshop. :naughty:

A easy way to do it in photoshop is to make a new layer and then just fill the areas which you want to recolor with the ordinary brush and the color you want, then take the rubber and remove the areas which you don't want that color (like vinyls, frame and so on...) use the zoom function! You can set the opacity in the layer manager. You could do this earlier so that it will be easier to see which areas you wanna "rubber"

Sry if its difficult to understand, I dont know this kind of english :naughty:

Nice bikes! I dont like the KLX tho ;/

Really nice..=)

OlleR> Du får gärna skicka ett PM till mig där du skriver hur du gör i photoshop..:naughty:

I like the green CRF ... It would look better with the Frame BLACK.

How do you do that? I have the latest Photoshop and I cant for the life of me figure out how to change colors like that... :naughty:

Heckler, since you basically taught me how to check and shim my valves, the least I can do is help you figure out how to change colors in PS.

You need to "select" the area you wish to change. Once selected, you use the "Image" menu to change things. You can change all kinds of things like brightness and contrast to color, saturation, hue, etc.

To make the hot pink CRF as pictured below, I just used the selection wand tool to select the areas I wanted to change. Use the "Shift" button to select more than just one area (shift comes in real handy for this stuff). Once selected, go to your "Image" menu, select "Adjust" and then pick an option. You can change things and see the results before they are complete. Let me know if I need to make sticky post to cover this. :naughty:

CRF250R.jpg

Dan

How about a real one?

kelsow.jpg

Nice Kelsow! I'm really concidering white. It looks nice. My goal is to go ALL white plastics!

Thanks,

Dan

One of the most accurate ways to select in PS is using the paths function and the bezier curve tool, it takes some getting the hang of it, but you can select smoother edges and save the "path" once it's done so that you can always reactivate the area to change it again.

using the channels and color curves function will also give you more options for color change while retaining all of the subtle gradations. Sometimes just moving the sliders around will blowout some of the original midtones of the image.

Ok, so I tried that and there is no way I can make it come out looking anything like what you did. I basically just color it in and your picks look like they maintain the shading and shadowing of the original pic...Damn, I think I need to take a class!!!

well with the program i used, i zoomed into the area I wanted to color, then hand-selected the area with the wand thingy, selected the color I wanted to use, then colored over it. not sure how it works in photoshop. :naughty:

This is sort of funny to me. (Sorry, I use photoshop to make a living)

I would try doing a search for some hints/tips websites. Their should be a couple of free tutorials on the net that will run you through the process. There are so many ways to do it, and some involve many steps which are nearly impossible to lay out here without a technical writing degree.

But, to break it down to basics:

1. You need a selection or a mask of what you want to color. This seperates the two entities, leaving one untouched.

2. You need to utilize a few different tools in combination. There are many options...the Hue/Saturation sliders, the brush tool on color mode, and of course curves, and levels to dial stuff in. Plus countless other possibilities with filters. The new photoshop CS has replace color, a quick and dirty method.

The girl who posted was using a program I have never heard of. It sounds like it has a feature to make this technique easy, but like she said, it's limited on color options. Photoshop is a very rudamental in it's approach, given it's wide possibilies. It's like driving manual, instead of standard, which makes it a somewhat complicated program to learn...hence, you can make a living at it.

Let us know what version of photoshop, or what software you are on, and we can help you better.

Could you do a blue CRF please?... Yamaha blue

Nice Kelsow! I'm really concidering white. It looks nice. My goal is to go ALL white plastics!

Thanks,

Dan

I 'm thinking the same thing for my SM conversion There is a white one on here but I dont remember who has it.
Could you do a blue CRF please?... Yamaha blue

This is about as close as I could come in 10 minutes.

CRF450R.jpg