Hare Scramble pics from last sunday

I dont know if this will work or not :naughty: if it does the blue beast was caught in a couple pics last sunday..

http://perfectpc.freeservers.com/merwin05-2/photo081.jpg

http://perfectpc.freeservers.com/merwin05-2/photo094.jpg

http://perfectpc.freeservers.com/merwin05-1/photo002.jpg

I did much better then my first race,going to give it anouther try this sunday,the only thing that ticks me off is why did I wait untill I was 42 to start this crap,dang its fun...

I was only street legal bike on course and came in 109th out of 153 overall,5th in class,I'm doing better :naughty:

nice work!

Nice! As for being 42, better late than never. By the way, do you use those turn signals when you're out on the course?

Nice! As for being 42, better late than never. By the way, do you use those turn signals when you're out on the course?

No but I've been thinking about fixing it so all 4 flash,so maybe those AA and A riders will have a little sympathy for me and not bounce so dang many rocks off me when they blow by.. :D them AA boys are fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :naughty::naughty:

(Boy, I'm going to sound stupid asking this, but...)

What exactly is a Hare Scramble? From what I gather, it is just a race on a predetermined course through the woods with a butt-ton of riders. There are no laps, just a starting line and a finish line. Like a competitive trail ride. Am I on the money?

Pretty much, except there are usually laps as few places have enough room to mark a trail without having to repeat the route. Usually the 'track' is a few miles in length and the race runs for either a preset number of laps, or a predetermined length of time.

No but I've been thinking about fixing it so all 4 flash,so maybe those AA and A riders will have a little sympathy for me and not bounce so dang many rocks off me when they blow by.. :D them AA boys are fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :naughty::naughty:

That'd be funny. And maybe a caution sign of the back of your jersey saying Old and Fragile?

I used to love running hare scrambles back in the day (late 70s). I didn't have the balls or skills to do well at motocross, but I was consistent in the woods (RM125). Can't wait to start playing in the woods again as I'm (hopefully) picking up a used DRZ today. Do they offer a special class for old farts like me (also over 40)? I could see myself wanting to do some low-key racing again. Good fun and requires you to be in some kick ass shape.

nice pics! :naughty:

Pretty much, except there are usually laps as few places have enough room to mark a trail without having to repeat the route. Usually the 'track' is a few miles in length and the race runs for either a preset number of laps, or a predetermined length of time.

around here most are 5-10 mile courses,they run 2 hours,so when you go through gate at any time after 2 hours from start you are finished,if you go through gate at 1 hour 59 minutes you get to do anouther lap,so realisticly the races last around 2 1/2 hours.and when you are done you fall on ground,puke,swear you are going to die,after you drink a couple gallons of water catch your breath,figgure out you realy aint dieing,you decide whos driving next week and what time your leaving to do it all over agian :naughty:

I used to love running hare scrambles back in the day (late 70s). I didn't have the balls or skills to do well at motocross, but I was consistent in the woods (RM125). Can't wait to start playing in the woods again as I'm (hopefully) picking up a used DRZ today. Do they offer a special class for old farts like me (also over 40)? I could see myself wanting to do some low-key racing again. Good fun and requires you to be in some kick ass shape.

Here the slowest class is +35 vet sportsman,last year I believe they had a trail rider class,(no points or anything just ride for fun) and I think a +40 and a +30 class I suppose there just wasnt enough old slow guys so they combined a few slow classes..it doesnt matter I'm not out for blood yet I need to do a few more before I get serious..

Nice pics, I would blow my horn when coming up on slower riders if I were you!!! :naughty:

Don;t worry about it. My best buddy is fast as any of the guys I used to race with and he never raced anywhere. Shu just says it would have took the fun out of it. he sure don't mind mixing it up close as flattrack though, I don't worry none about it even if he didn't race he's a pro without ever earning it. Scary fast, and plenty crazy on the hillclimbs what more can you ask. Now you just have fun, that's what is most important about racing. I quit long before my health was bad because it stopped being fun. I wish SM was around back then I think I would have stayed in shape. prairiedawg :naughty:

man I am really wanting to go this Sunday but all of my friends are punks and I dont feel like pumping $60 worth of gas into the Dodge without someone sharing the cost so I am probably going to wait to try a closer one.

I would have to check the personal emails we had flying around today,but I believe Donnie offered to haul you :naughty: he has a explorer and a 3 rail trailer...