A few questions about 04 TE450...

About to buy a TE450.. Started out riding street bikes and bought my first YZ125 last year.. like power and big bikes.. heard alot about the carbs and shocks being a problem in 2004.. ?? That true? Anyone that owns an 04' have any problems?? How about buying a different carb.. mabey new 05 model carb? I live in MN but travel alot and ride in different elevations. I want power but I can control my wrist. Want to get away from mixing oil and always filling up with gas. Buddy has WR 250. Gas mileage is great.. how about the TE450?.. Read somewhere you can buy kit for Suzuki Gas Tank.. can someone give me a link??? Thx Hope to join Thumperville soon!

Although I dont have an 04 I can attest to having seen many, many WWW's out there with fixes for the carb issues. Plastic in 05 is changed, engine updates that seem to only pertain to racing the thing 110%. Many HSQ dealers bought up the remaining 04's at a great price so there are killer deals out there- ones that leave you with plenty of cash to fix the issues and still have a wide margin of savings over an 05.

Im 5' 10" and 155 lbs- the TE450 is absolute darling of a bike, I cant see that its too much for any one. Its rated on the MSO at 54 hp- get use to it and ride it with repect and it and dont look back.

Dealer in my area has no more '04 TE's... How does a TC compare in woods?? 5 speed better or worse then 6? Bigger tire a factor?? Dealer will put headlight on and bigge gas tank for 4800 OTD. That's a good price but really want a TE. Please let me know what you guys think..

well the TC is electric start isnt it? that is good in woods situations, better then other MXers with only kick start.

5 gears is better then a 4 speed MX bike which I would not run off road unles you like pain. the TC 450 has 5 gears so thats good. i see CRF 450Rs off road commonly - they have 5 gears, but anyone who runs a YZ450F off road with that MX 4 gear box hates it.

TE450 Lover,

I'm a TC450 lover (04), that I just bought about 2 weeks ago. I use it for off-roading only, no racing and I love it. I have not addressed the jetting issue yet. Mine does tend to stall a little too often, mainly while chopping the throttle coming into a corner, ,or when its at idle with no load (neutal) and you wrap the throttle it will either blubber and backfire or stall. But I'm waiting for the jetting kit from my dealer here in CA (MotoXotica). I should have it soon. And I knew all this before I bought it, for me its no big deal as these are minor issues. I also need to dial in the suspension because, for me, its too stiff. Other wise my bike is soooo sweeeet.

Jerry

I have an 04 TE450 and love it. Great bike. I have had zero issues in 2300 plus miles. Mine always carberated great and started great although I realize some people have had issues. Personally I think it is how the accelerator pump is setup. I have tried the 05's and they are also of course great bikes. I think I like the ergonomics on the 04 better (thats just me) but the suspension is better on the 05's. The 04's are great bikes and you will not go wrong with it. Go for the 450, its a kitten if you want it to be or it can make serious speed, you choose. With the 250 you will have to ride it much harder to go the same speed but the lack of power does pay off in handling... always does. If I was in the market for the 250 I think I might be looking at the 125 in stead. I bought the 04 CR125 for a moto bike when I needed one but have been riding it all the time as it is such a hoot. :naughty: I went to the Taskys demo day and rode them all and loved them all so really just buy a husky and have fun :naughty:

Dealer in my area has no more '04 TE's... How does a TC compare in woods?? 5 speed better or worse then 6? Bigger tire a factor?? Dealer will put headlight on and bigge gas tank for 4800 OTD. That's a good price but really want a TE. Please let me know what you guys think..

we've got a 04 TE450 on the floor