Sign in to follow this  

enduro set up

I'm kicking around this bike (crf450) and another one, and was wondering how this bike does in enduro type riding, and how would you set it up?

The crf450 can do anything but, their are much better bikes for enduros that won't wear you down as much. i live in New England all rocks roots and at time the 450 is a little much. the best investment for the woods around here was the rekluse auto clutch.

For enduros here in Texas, it works great. I ride one, and agree that the rekluse will be the best investment. :naughty: I wouldnt do our enduros without one.

I ride the Texas High Plains enduro series on an 05 CRF450 and I love it. I have an 03 WR450 sitting in my garage and the CRF is way better for me in those races. I added a skid plate, handguards, O-ring chain, FMF silencer/spark arrestor, and an enduro computer. I like an aggresive MX bike in the woods though and many don't. If thats what your looking for it's a good mount.

did either of you (smokeless or endurodog) ride in the Caprock enduro a couple of weeks ago?

did either of you (smokeless or endurodog) ride in the Caprock enduro a couple of weeks ago?

Yep I was there, that was a fun ride. I'll be at LTR this weekend also.

I was working one of the check points, I loved it out there so much I joined the club. Having said that how was the 450 out there?

I was working one of the check points, I loved it out there so much I joined the club. Having said that how was the 450 out there?

I enjoyed it a lot. I rode the A course so got to see all of the real tight sections also. The power was there when I needed it, a little 200 would have been nice in some of the sections but overall I think I was on the right bike. My suspension is stock and not to bad for this stuff. But like I said I like an MX bike for off road, stiffer suspension and a bit of a hit.

I rode Caprock as well. It was a gret event. My feelings are similar to endurodog's. I like having the power when I want it. It has come in very handy over the past year due to all of the rain that we have received. I'm 5'11'' and weigh 155. In the mud is probably the only time I'm glad to be a lightweight on a 450.(Dont tend to get stuck as often.) I wil be at LTR and hope its just as good as Caprock. We usually get in Sat evening, hope to see you guys there.