Sign in to follow this  

O/T - Need advise

hmm..

He is 5'9" and 155 Lbs and still growing! Size 11 shoes!

he is about same height as me, slightly heavier than me

should have no problem handling the drz400

:naughty:

Get him a 400S, strip all the street stuff off and put it to the side for later. Lighten it up by removing the usual stuff. Upgrade the exhaust, and bars to lighten it up more. When he gets bigger or needs more power then mod it up. When he turns 16 put the street stuff back on and he and dual-it. :naughty::naughty:

IF you got him a DRZ, it would be much easier to order upgrades; Just get two of everything. Plus, if your bike actually breaks, you could rape his bike for parts and kick him back down to the old TTR.

I thank all of you for the advise, and I think I'm going to do the second Z!

Just makes too much sense, and won't be another intermediate step. Should be fun, I wonder, are the Green ones any lighter, or are they just faster? :naughty:

Anybody looking for a clean and lightly modded TTR125L? Let's talk!

:D:naughty:

Look Aspencop I've rode with small women that have dropped their Harleys. They pick them up by themselves too. Show him how to use his legs and arms not his back. I picked mine up off the top of me with all my left back ribs and shoulderblade broken. He can pick it up. Gear it down till he is used to the bike heck you might even fall in love with mountain goat gearing yourself. Not for SM for darn sure, but 13-50 is mean as a mother in those mountains. Takes darn near a telephone pole to stop it from climbing. prairiedawg :naughty::D:naughty::D

thanks p-dawg, I've had him on mine a couple of times, and he just comes back with a huge smile :naughty: . The Mrs. is concerned with the weight if he falls, so I'll just have to convince her a little. I think it's the right choice, and the thought of having two is just too exciting for me! :naughty:

I think you are approaching the whole thing backwards ... I see you have a 2001 model year ... he needs to graduate to that one ... and you need to graduate to a NEW ONE!!

Excuse me ... model year 2000. Anyway, I think for giving your son your bike ... you deserve cartridge forks and MX rear suspension ... What do you think!!!

I thank all of you for the advise, and I think I'm going to do the second Z!

Just makes too much sense, and won't be another intermediate step. Should be fun, I wonder, are the Green ones any lighter, or are they just faster? :D

Anybody looking for a clean and lightly modded TTR125L? Let's talk!

:naughty::naughty:

MAYBE ... BUT just MAYBE...

Get the SM version of the DRZ (for the USD forks ....) and put some offroad wheels on it.

If you wish , I can bring my own DRZ when i come to visit ...

Will pay Eddie a visit to tune it up :D