Sign in to follow this  

Close call yesterday

i was riding at a local spot yesterday after work, and on the fastest part of the track, which is 4th gear in the upper revs, just as I got on the brakes, I see a kid blow a berm that is close to the straight I was on, well, he ends up directly in my path, nothing to do now but hope it doenst turn out to bad, WHAAAAMMMMMMMM , I basically center punch his bike, its a little fuzzy after that, but I landed flat on my back, left side more than anything about 15 feet away from the impact spot, knocked the wind out of me, took a minute or so to take inventory and stop cussing each time I tried to take a breath.......

Front rotor destroyed, ignition cover got a 4 inch crack, and I feel like I got hit by a truck, could have been worse.

The kid I hit, not sure what happened to him or his bike, him and his dad left fairly fast when they realized how pissed off I was :naughty:

The kid I hit, not sure what happened to him or his bike, him and his dad left fairly fast when they realized how pissed off I was :naughty:

That was nice of them :naughty: Did the kid just blow threw the corner or something. Glad you weren't hurt

That was nice of them :naughty: Did the kid just blow threw the corner or something. Glad you weren't hurt

Theres a step up, a very small one before the corner, we guessed he cased it and went bouncing out of control into the corner and couldnt make the 4 foot tall berm and landed right in front of me, when I saw him he was in perfect flying W position.

I shoudl have put this in the original post, I got back to the pits, the kid, maybe about 13 years old, came over and tried to talk to me, but I was not in the mood to talk, and he did say sorry, so that was cool, but my temper was about to explode and I didnt really care what he was going to say at the time........

How old are you bro?

That's a little harsh acting like such a pussuh to a 13 y/o boy that was obviously in the process of crashing. If you have a beef it's with whoever put the track together I suppose.

He and you could have been badly injured but instead of being thankful that you both weren't seriously hurt, it sounds like you were stomping around throwing a hissy fit.

whatever.

How old are you bro?

That's a little harsh acting like such a pussuh to a 13 y/o boy that was obviously in the process of crashing. If you have a beef it's with whoever put the track together I suppose.

He and you could have been badly injured but instead of being thankful that you both weren't seriously hurt, it sounds like you were stomping around throwing a hissy fit.

whatever.

How do you figure it was harsh D***Head, I didnt say anything negative to him. Im not going to yell at a kid, not like he did it on purpose, frankly I wasnt in the mood to talk to anyone.

No stomping around, no hissy fit sorry to disappoint you.

How do you figure it was harsh D***Head, I didnt say anything negative to him. Im not going to yell at a kid, not like he did it on purpose, frankly I wasnt in the mood to talk to anyone.

Eh?

the kid, maybe about 13 years old, came over and tried to talk to me, but I was not in the mood to talk, and he did say sorry, so that was cool, but my temper was about to explode and I didnt really care what he was going to say at the time........

Huh?

The kid I hit, not sure what happened to him or his bike, him and his dad left fairly fast when they realized how pissed off I was

Classic :naughty:

How do you figure it was harsh D***Head

:naughty::D

In defense of BK14MX, after a 4th gear pinned crash, you're going to be a bit messed up mentally, even if you survived semi-okay physically. Especially if the crash was somebody else's fault. You'll have a mix of fight-or-flight adrenaline in you, and probably a mild concussion from the fall. I don't blame BK for being pi$$ed off enough to not want to talk. The fact that he didn't yell or get harsh with the 13 y/o kid is to his credit. Hopefully the kid's dad understood, and helped the kid understand the situation.

Maybe after an hour of cool-down and injury assesment, if the kid came back to check on BK and his bike and apologize again, then okay, it would be time to talk about the incident. But right afterwards while BK is still hurting and pi$$ed -- no, I think he did pretty well by keeping his cool and staying silent. My two cents.

Make the pain go away by ordering more parts than needed to make the repairs. I always enjoy coming home to a patio stacked with goodies.

Eh?

Huh?

Classic :naughty:

:D:naughty:

Classic is right, nice quotes and one word answers, you sure put me in my place. Thanks for adding to the discussion. dont go away mad, just go away.

In defense of BK14MX, after a 4th gear pinned crash, you're going to be a bit messed up mentally, even if you survived semi-okay physically. Especially if the crash was somebody else's fault. You'll have a mix of fight-or-flight adrenaline in you, and probably a mild concussion from the fall. I don't blame BK for being pi$$ed off enough to not want to talk. The fact that he didn't yell or get harsh with the 13 y/o kid is to his credit. Hopefully the kid's dad understood, and helped the kid understand the situation.

Maybe after an hour of cool-down and injury assesment, if the kid came back to check on BK and his bike and apologize again, then okay, it would be time to talk about the incident. But right afterwards while BK is still hurting and pi$$ed -- no, I think he did pretty well by keeping his cool and staying silent. My two cents.

Thanks Berk, your spot on about how it went down, Im not a Hot head, but I was still trying to get my bearings, and struggling to breath honestly. The next time I see them ofcourse I will talk to them. The 6 people that were there thought I handled myself well, took the high road to speak. I dont have any hard feelings today, but I will admit I was severly pissed and shaken, to get hurt at someone elses expense tends to irritate.

"johncrf450: Make the pain go away by ordering more parts than needed to make the repairs. I always enjoy coming home to a patio stacked with goodies. "

Already done my friend, it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, 75 for the rotor, 105 for the case, plus gasket, and a oil seal. The bike will be ready for the weekend, only question is will I be? I doubt it.

You shouldn't be pissed off at all. And to even think you are "taking the high road" is stupid.

The kid blew the berm. That was an accident. Accidents happen.

I saw the exact thing you describe happen at a local track a few years ago. But in the case I saw, the guy who got hit (you) died as a result of his injuries.

Thank your lucky stars that you are not hurt. Get on with your life and be nice to the kid next time you see him.

Man, I have a really hard time picturing you losing your cool;)

Wow, what a bunch of Saints we have on this board :naughty:

It's perfectly acceptable for you to be pissed off at the situation, especially when it happened. I would be a bit shaken if it happened to me and everyone deals with the adrenaline differently. It was good of you to keep your cool and not yell at the kid. I'm sure you'll see them again and you can tell them all is good then :D

Hope you heal quickly :naughty:

why are people saying you shouldnt be mad :naughty: , you didnt do anything wrong, you werent mean to him, if they just ran into a kid 4 gear pinned their opinion would change, i would have been as pissed as a woman wrestler on her period, at least he said sorry, hope you feel better soon!

why are people saying you shouldnt be mad :naughty: , you didnt do anything wrong, you werent mean to him, if they just ran into a kid 4 gear pinned their opinion would change, i would have been as pissed as a woman wrestler on her period, at least he said sorry, hope you feel better soon!

Im a little suprised too, but everyone on this board is a perfect model citizen. FYI, I saw the kid and his dad yesterday, I felt like taking them both out back and kicking the crapola out them, come on guys, seriously, go through the same situation and see if you get more than a little irritated, we all know this sport is dangerous, when I hurt myself its one thing, when someone else causes it a little different.

skthom2320, your right, it could have always been worse, way worse, BTW, the first thing I asked when I could talk, was is if the kid got hurt. :naughty:

Taking the high road would have been you putting your hand on the kids shoulder and reasured him everything was cool.That kid probly felt bad enough as it is.This was one of lifes little lessons and you failed at 34 you should have a better grip on the way you treat people.Maby one day you'll understand.

I use these set backs as a tool toward being a better person, its nobodys fault crap happens. I know your bell was rung and you wher pissed at the situation but you cant be mad at the person, thats the time to step up buy the kid a coke and share a laugh,you dont feal like laughing, the fealing of making the kid smile after somthing like that happens is a lot better than wondering if you should have.

Florida dude you should be footin

I know your bell was rung and you wher pissed at the situation but you cant be mad at the person, thats the time to step up buy the kid a coke and share a laugh,you dont feal like laughing, the fealing of making the kid smile after somthing like that happens is a lot better than wondering if you should have.

Hmmm. :naughty: Sounds to me like Bob's never had a 4th gear pinned crash...

Taking the high road would have been you putting your hand on the kids shoulder and reasured him everything was cool.That kid probly felt bad enough as it is.This was one of lifes little lessons and you failed at 34 you should have a better grip on the way you treat people.Maby one day you'll understand.

I use these set backs as a tool toward being a better person, its nobodys fault crap happens. I know your bell was rung and you wher pissed at the situation but you cant be mad at the person, thats the time to step up buy the kid a coke and share a laugh,you dont feal like laughing, the fealing of making the kid smile after somthing like that happens is a lot better than wondering if you should have.

Florida dude you should be footin

I appreciate your kind words Bob, are you related to Bill Cosby :D ? Funny how you should mention the high road, the 6 guys that are all my age and older, who saw what happened, sure thought I handled myself well for my current state and the damage to my bike, just took it apart last night, looks like I'm going to need a new frame too. Ive got to remember to thank that kid next time I see him. Im waiting for the day to understand your soft spoken compation. :naughty:

Did you read all I posted on this, or just take enough information to make a judgement call on my personality? BTW, not once did I say anything negative to him, unless Im mistaken, I was pissed, or said anything NEGATIVE towards his dad?

When/if it ever happens, and Bob, I sincerely hope you never get hurt at someone elses expense, I'd like to hear how well you handled yourself. :naughty:

just took it apart last night, looks like I'm going to need a new frame too.

Ouch! That's not good. Do you have a Computrack place near you there in Florida? We have one at HondaMil here in NorCal, and they can measure and often straighten your frame back to factory specs. That's got to be a lot cheaper than a new frame.

Here's a website for Computrack -- looks like at least a couple locations in Florida:

http://www.gmdcomputrack.com/