DRZ 110 Price OTD

Looking into getting the boy a DRZ110 for his upcoming b-day. I wanted to walk into local dealer with a hanfull of $100 bills and make an offer for an out the door cash price.

Anyone know what a good OTD cash offer for a 04 or 05 110 would be?

thanks, :naughty:

I got a used 05 from a dealer for $1200. The thing was in just about mint condition. It's still under warranty too.

I'd take that in a heartbeat. Was that final price or were there other taxes and such?

I was thinking of offering $1,300 to $1,500 to walk out the door with a new 04 or 05. Any ideas of the lower end (1,300) would be reasonable?

That little bike sells like hotcakes. You may be hardpressed to bring one home for less than $1700.

Derik

$1,700 really? Don't they list ofr $1,600 or so? You don't happen to be a bike sales dealer would you? :naughty:

I'd take that in a heartbeat. Was that final price or were there other taxes and such?

I was thinking of offering $1,300 to $1,500 to walk out the door with a new 04 or 05. Any ideas of the lower end (1,300) would be reasonable?

The final price was $1200 + $70 for tax, thats it.

Here's a Pic. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/rmz290/Motocross/110-1025_IMG.gif

Its the same story with all bikes: the guys in the east or the south can get them for hundreds less than us fools in Kalifornia.... up here in Northern Kal the dealers sell out of them quickly and once they are gone its a long wait. I bought mine last year and had to call around to even find one and got it for $100 less than msrp plus taxes and reg fees and felt lucky to get one. You see the used 110's advertised at $1500+. Its a tight market and any dealer up here would laugh you out the door if you offered $1300 for a new one. You should never pay "setup & freight" charges and they will move some on msrp but not alot. I am not a dealer and wish it was different, but I have bought 5 bikes in the past year and a half and have tried it all and have had dealers laugh at me when I have asked for prices I see others claiming to get online and have had them flat out tell me no way when I have made low offers (offering cash, by the way) like you are hoping for and yes I have walked out and no they have not come running after me or called me later... the fact is, in my area there are plenty of people who are willing to pay msrp+ and the dealers would rather wait and sell it later for full price than strike a great deal. There are some exceptions (overstock of last years models or bikes no one wants to buy) but in my area there are so many riders and so many people wanting to buy new bikes the dealers are not in any hurry to strike up a deal. I bought my 05 crf450 2 months after it came out and the dealer told me they had sold 97 of those 05 450's prior to mine, and they were not giving them away!! With sales like that and more people interested than there are bikes, they don't have to deal. So. Kal may be better, I really don't know. Good luck!

There's an add in the LA cycle Trader for Orange County Cycles (or something like that) for $1700 OTD. I argued, hasled and waved green paper in the face of the salesman to get $1866 OTD (tac, licence, doc etc) from Chapparal in Riverside... DO NOT pay their retarded "Set-Up" fees of $800+, the bikes come fully built and they do nothing other then add Oil and gas, when you get it home, check every bolt you can put your wrench on, I had lose footpeg bolts, bar clamp bolts and exhaust bolts... the rear and front axle bolts werent very tight either.

If Iwere doing it again, I would have gotten the KLX110, its $65 cheeper and has a black tank, so you can buy Orange plastics and make it look like a KTM or any otrher bike, the DRZ comes with a yellow tank so unless you buy another tank, you're stuck running yellow (not realy a big deal, just an afterthought)

I paid $1658.00 OTD 2 weeks ago here in the I.E. for a KLX110. I did pay extra for the 2 year extended warrenty. I love this little bike. My wife is thinking about running Supermoto with it. We'll see what really happens.

• 1 month later...
I paid $1658.00 OTD 2 weeks ago here in the I.E. for a KLX110. I did pay extra for the 2 year extended warrenty. I love this little bike. My wife is thinking about running Supermoto with it. We'll see what really happens.

What dealership did you go to to get this price?

i just got a 2005 klx 110 for 1366 + tax = 1447.96 otd. The dealer said they don't sell many dirt bikes so they just want to move them and not pay interest on them. I have a ton of 2 bro racing stuff ordered for it. it is gonna be trick! they had 1 more left.

I agree with Bach Rider

I gave $1450 for a leftover 04 right before christmas for the kids.

Every dealer here was over-stocked (3 dealers within 30 miles).

But with 6-8 inches of snow on the ground it is hard to sell a bike.

Great little bike just maintain and let the kids rip on it.

This is a reliable little bike only parts so far is front breaks (too much mud running).

i work at a kawi dealer in nj dealer cost is 1480 there is no money in these things so donty expect one anywhere near 1300 otd youll get laughed outta the store

I don't think 1480 is near correct because I have bought several for 1500.00 OTD. 1500.00 I think is a fair price for dealer and customer. I'm 100% sure the dealer made more than 20 dollars from my purchase, or he wouldn't of sold it.. as it was spring time and the place sells ALOT of bikes.