if you live in so*cal (or close by)

guess so... :naughty:

seriously, i've gotten much more response from men! i'm not sure what it is about this event that doesn't interest women riders, if i knew, maybe i could do something about it...

and thorina is TRYING to make it!! and there will be a couple of mxgirls there!

i had a nice conversation with the director of the LA affiliate of the Komen Foundation today! she didn't know what a dirt bike was, much less a motocross track, but she was excited nonetheless! unfortunately, they are a completely volunteer organization, and it may be hard for them to send out a volunteer on a monday to man a table, etc....so i think i'll be doing that! i'm scared of tracks anyway...so its okay if i can't ride!

You'll be riding! Just take it slow and easy :naughty:

Hmm, Desto, is Piru the same as I-5, where I broke my collar-bone the first time...at the first TT I-5 ride? :D

:D If it is the same track, its actually a very NICE track and good for beginners, Tex, no real peaky doubles (from what I recall) and some really nice table tops to practice on... I just got goofy in a turn and washed the front end out, it was a freak kind of accident that could have happened anywhere...

You'll ride! :naughty:

I-5 is at Gorman, i think....and piru is in...um...piru. :naughty:

yeah, i'll try anything once!! i keep saying i won't, but everyone keeps telling me i will, so, you know, i can't back down from a challenge.

thanks for the encouragement, l2fly!!

I-5 is at Gorman, i think....and piru is in...um...piru. :naughty:

yeah, i'll try anything once!! i keep saying i won't, but everyone keeps telling me i will, so, you know, i can't back down from a challenge.

thanks for the encouragement, l2fly!!

Ah, ok, Piru must be the other 'Northern' So Cal track, then? Nice...!

Anyway, as far as other women not being interested... I think, because the desert is so close, a lot of women in CA just don't do tracks very often... and because they don't do them, tracks are intimidating or just not appealing to them. :naughty: When we did the I-5 rides there ended up only being about 3-4 of us, I think... the rest guys!

I've met WAY more women at the tracks here in southern Louisiana than I ever did in So Cal, believe it or not... at least one at every track I've been to so far! I figure its because here, around New Orleans, there is only very limited trail riding nearby, but at least 10 tracks!

Hmm, Desto, is Piru the same as I-5, where I broke my collar-bone the first time...at the first TT I-5 ride? :D

:D If it is the same track, its actually a very NICE track and good for beginners, Tex, no real peaky doubles (from what I recall) and some really nice table tops to practice on... I just got goofy in a turn and washed the front end out, it was a freak kind of accident that could have happened anywhere...

You'll ride! :naughty:

DJ- Piru is a different track. It was kinda weird how you broke collar-bone, you didn't do anything crazy! You were riding great until your mishap :D How life back in Louisanna??

As far as tracks are concern, it's up to the rider to determine what they are capable of doing and what they are NOT. If there are big jumps or doubles and you don't feel comfortable DON"T DO THEM :naughty:

if you mean "northern" as in north of LA county line - then your are correct, sir!! its not that far from gorman, you were right about it being the OTHER one!!

so, i think you may be right about the track thing, too. i only ride in the desert (and not well at that). so a track looks really scary to me. but i posted this on the mxgirls.com forum, which has lots of track riding girls on it - and i guess the response is warming up a bit there. i would say there are 6 or 7 girls that are mulling over how they can make it work out (on a monday). one chica from that board (and she's on the proride board, too), may be coming from TEXAS!! yay!!

really, i just need to be patient. there will be more guys than girls, no doubt, what i hope is that LOTS of people show up so we can make lots of money for the SGK. thats all that really matters.

AND, it will be fun, no matter what, too!!

DJ- Piru is a different track. It was kinda weird how you broke collar-bone, you didn't do anything crazy! You were riding great until your mishap :naughty: How life back in Louisanna??

As far as tracks are concern, it's up to the rider to determine what they are capable of doing and what they are NOT. If there are big jumps or doubles and you don't feel comfortable DON"T DO THEM :naughty:

Oh come on! why not trips in bumpy ambulances can be fun!

I may be there, if I am I will pay at the door.

I may just show up late and say hi.

Mike, did you read what you posted :D:naughty:

How many broken bones riding :D

Oh come on! why not trips in bumpy ambulances can be fun!

:naughty: I didn't get the ambulance ride that time, just a bumpy ride in my truck with my arm held close to my side! Funny thing is, I went home that day & changed & showered first, BEFORE going to the hospital... I didn't have insurance and figured if I went in with a broken collar bone in full MX gear, they'd do a full body scan for sure.. and probably cut off my new jersey! :naughty::D

But I only had the broken collarbone... I didn't manage to break my ribs and puncture a lung like you did the next time out, Gary! ? I've had broken ribs before, but I can't even imagine the ribs AND the collarbone at the same time... :D Daaaang! My collarbone still aches sometimes after I lift things a lot... how is yours doing?

:D

How life back in Louisanna??

Its good, thanks! :naughty: I haven't been riding as much as I like, but we just bought a house, etc, etc, and life gets in the way sometimes! Plus, my boyfriend broke HIS collarbone last December... but his isn't healing so well, he's got a 'non-union' going on but they really don't want to do surgery, so are trying an electric 'bone stimulator' instead... :naughty:

i know it is a looooooooooooong way for you - i understand!!

if you could still spread the word, that would help, too! i'd appreciate it.

and maybe, if its turns out big enough, next year we can have it on a weekend!! ya'll can come up and stay with me!!