Sign in to follow this  

'39 Indian at Desert 100

Did anyone happen to see this guy on the '39 converted Indian? Cool bike. I saw him a few times in the camping area on Friday then at the Oberto checkpoint on Saturday. I clicked off a couple of pic of the bike & will post 'em.

That dude has plenty of tricks up his sleeve. Name is Bob Grant, and lives in Cashmere, WA. He also has a Harley Davidson Sportster that he has converted over to a Dual Sportster. Has Hi-Boy pipes on it, knobbies, and gator fork guards.

Rides in on the B loop of most area poker runs. Bob is a character, and has fun with his bikes....

BOOB GRANT!!!

You guys think IM wierd!!! This guy takes the cake, shoot, he takes the fruit cake. :naughty: Heck of a nice guy though. :naughty:

That dude has plenty of tricks up his sleeve. Name is Bob Grant, and lives in Cashmere, WA. He also has a Harley Davidson Sportster that he has converted over to a Dual Sportster. Has Hi-Boy pipes on it, knobbies, and gator fork guards.

Rides in on the B loop of most area poker runs. Bob is a character, and has fun with his bikes....

Picture taken by banned TT member "Ride"

hd-db-1.jpg

Picture taken by banned TT member "Ride"

hd-db-1.jpg

You are not talking about the guy who was a sponsor of this web-site, back when it was a fledgling endeavor, are you? Back when TT had 30,000 members or so, and the owners were wondering if they could quit their day-jobs?

Now that they have grown a membership to 50,000+, seems like they are tossing the little guy to the side, the one who stood by them when they needed him.

Funny how things work sometimes.

Did anybody see "ThumperTalk" stickers on my bike this weekend?

No?

Maybe that is because I took them off.

Kick dirt in the face of those who supported the site, expect the same in return.

I think we have a case of "Mr. Big Britches" on our hands.......

:naughty:

Who is he and why did he get banned?

Ride is the General Manager of Rooster Performance, out of Portland, Oregon. He has been paying for advertising here on TT for the past 2 years or so (back when ThumperTalk was small, needed support, and were wondering if they could quit their day-jobs). Ride (Kelly Anson) has worked in the motorcycle after-market parts industry for years, and his mind has produced some amazing products, which are patented.

Anyway, in THIS thread, talk came up about radiator guards. Unibiker, who makes radiator guards, got upset, and stated that Rooster Performance "copied" his design, and called Ride a "hack". It was a bit overboard.

Before Ride could even really respond, his account was blocked! What is that all about?

Now, he is being told by Brian Wilson and Bryan Bosch that they are reconsidering his ability to advertise here on ThumperTalk. Does not make much sense, especially not much business sense.

Rooster Performance has been there for TT, and for some reason, they feel that they do not need Rooster around any more. I cannot figure out why.

Rooster Performance makes a wide variety of parts for a wide variety of bikes. That thread makes it quite obvious that people LIKE the Rooster product, and they feel that Rooster also backs the product up. Not a single bad word (other than Unibiker) is said about Rooster, yet they want to cast him aside.

Check it out, and decide for yourself.

Kick dirt in the face of those who supported the site, expect the same in return.

I think we have a case of "Mr. Big Britches" on our hands.......

:naughty:

:D:D:D:cry::D:D

Looks like it's time for everyone to start walking on egg shells, big brother is gonna getcha! :naughty:

Brandon,

Good to see ya again...and man, I saw that Indian cruisin the pits. Sure a sweet deal plus it made me jealous as my walk from camp to vendors was long...from the Jack Daniels camp (yes, that was our camp with all the banners!!!! One of our group rider is a liquor dist. for state of WA. Lot's of free shots!!!)

Too bad about Kelly! Met him last year at Nationals an am thoroughly impressed by his products and committment. The fact that he did not get a rebuttal chance with TT tee's me off. The fact he paid has me thinking a lawsuit against them...

So if a mod reads this and I no longer post...looks like I got banned too!

mx813

I got a picture of that guy runnin the trails, he was not going slow either. :naughty:

5f76d5ae.jpg

Later,

Sorry kids, but this is ridiculous. I have read and reread the "Rad Guard" thread, and can't for the life of me figure out why Kelly has been brought to the table by the powers of TT. I have had plenty of personal interactions with Kelly, as well as being online friends with him for quite a while here on TT. He has proven to be a great person, friendly to everyone and a pleasure to be around.

Also, having had the pleasure of attending numerous motorcycle events and trade shows with Kelly and Rooster Performance, I can attest that he is nothing but a perfectly ethical businessman. Any claim otherwise is a flat out lie. I have spent time in the Rooster shop, and also been in on the early testing of many Rooster products from their prototype stages. I can ASSURE you, that at no time, did Rooster performance use any other mentioned products to model after. Much the opposite could be truthfully said. Rooster's strongest points are that their products shine where others do not. I believe that Rooster's products are better design than any other on the market, in more than one way. They have solid engineering behind them, even a little "thought" to their design, all details intended to ADD to the strength of the product without adding weight. Also, I don't believe you will find another product designed to be as easy to mount as those from Rooster. Kelly is solely responsible for this, I have watched him work and was duly impressed at how he can look at a bike and SEE the possible improvements, then design a part, and use modern tooling to turn it out with quality behind it.

I am not paid by Rooster Performance, but I AM quite proud to be associated with them, and with Kelly. If you got something bad to say to him, then you are talking to me too, and I take offense.

I hope that Brian from Unibiker has contacted Kelly (I don't know, as I have been in Nome, Alaska for a week, and haven't been able to keep up with this junk) and that the two of them have sorted out what seems to be a bit of personal business. But, in the meantime, if you have any more to say about Kelly, or Rooster's product, why don't you take it elsewhere, we don't want to hear your drivel. Or, if you absolutely must vent your ill placed wrath, feel free to call me (your dime) here in Nome at (907) 443-6112. Ask for Jeremy. I'll defend Kelly and Rooster all damn day long, cause he has done NOTHING to deserve this personal and professional attack on his character and his skill.

Now, can someone from TT PM me and explain what possible reason Kelly has given you for this most unfair treatment? From what I have seen, he has done NOTHING but support the TT community.

JW, OUT!

We're not gonna take it, NO, we ain't gonna take it! We ain't gonna take it, anymore!

unddee.gif

(Way to go, Bones!)

<thread jack>

Is that Dee Snider from Twisted Sister? I remember when those yo yo's were barely above garage band status and they used to play the local bars back in Jersey. Who would have thought they would have ever sold even one record, but they did...

</thread jack>

I actually stpped by the Rooster vending booth last weekend at the 100. The guy that I spoke with was very cool. (don't know if it was Kelly).

If someone can get me a contact number or website, I'd like to buy a rear brake guard for my CRF. Thanks.

Jeff

I actually stpped by the Rooster vending booth last weekend at the 100. The guy that I spoke with was very cool. (don't know if it was Kelly).

If someone can get me a contact number or website, I'd like to buy a rear brake guard for my CRF. Thanks.

Jeff

http://www.roosterperformance.com :naughty:

Yea that was a cool looking Indian, thats got to be a handful with that suicide shifter. That sporster was kinda cool to, but i think i'll stick to my 250f. Sorry to hear about the Rooster performance guy, i cruised by the display at the D100 the stuff that was there was some impressive stuff. I liked the rad guards and i'm considering a set. Hope they get this deal straightened out, i personally dont know the guy, but it looks like he makes some quality stuff. I'm sure there is enough room here for all honest manufacturers and not biased BS. :naughty:

The thread refered to where Kelly was banned has come to a good conclusion... he's back on the site and all parties seem to have resolved the differences that started this whole thing.

I would LOVE to see the bike in video ... or better yet follow him for a while. Very cool indeed! :naughty:

Ok, who's got these pictures of the Indian? I gotta see em...

The only Indian I ever rode was if I remember right, a '46 Indian Chief. It had a left hand throttle and the right grip twist was to advance or retard the timing. I couldn't imagine riding that in any serious dirt!

Yeah, I think the left hand throttle thing turns people into retards. I heard a story about some guy with a left hand throttle on his KTM. Heard he almost took out someones mo home in the pits at the Dez. :naughty:

Yeah, I think the left hand throttle thing turns people into retards. I heard a story about some guy with a left hand throttle on his KTM. Heard he almost took out someones mo home in the pits at the Dez. :naughty:

I just wonder what the people out on the course thought when they had a guy passing them on the pipe with only his left hand on the bars??? :naughty:

btw, I don't know if this was mentioned, but supposedly Bob did the ironman course doing one lap with the harley and the 2nd lap with the indian :D