BARS: Renthal VS ?

Bent my stock bars. Fun weekend!

QUESTION: What aftermarket bars are best? I hear Renthal (CR HI Rise?) are best. I also hear Pro Taper is a good bar.

Do you like the Fat Bars, or standard? What is benefit?

-Bill

2003 DRZ 400S w/ plenty.

1997 Yam XT350 That rules :naughty:

I run Tag X5 in CR double high bend. They are decent bars.

I think fat bars are great because they are stronger and you no longer need a crossbar...but you need adapters or a new top tripple clamp to fit them.

I have the pro tapers and like them a lot. Strong as hell those bars. No cross bar and think the standard tripple clamp fits them, but not exaclty sure. I got new bars, tripple clamp and Scott's stablizer all at the same time (after I bent my stock bars too). :naughty:

I have a Renthals CR-H on my DRZ400, it's nice, feels strong but it has not been crash tested.

On a bet I just put a Tusk (Rocky Mountain MC) aluminum CR-H on my kid's XL200. Seems nice for $21.99. I'm sure it will be tested before long :naughty:

Hey guys i know that there have been so many threads on handlebars, but i cannot find the Renthal CR hi rise bars. I am 6'3" and i am still riding with stock bars. I need some help. Do you think if i just change over to the renthals that will be enough height to be more comfortable?

I have Renthal fat bars on the husky, and Cr-Hi rise on the DRZ. I like the FAT bars and have seen the crash test results for them and they Hold up vary well. But they get expensive when you have to but the adapters for you triple clamp, as well you should make sure that your hand guards have adapters available for the fat bars. I have Acerbis aluminum guards and they fit well with the fat bar.

I have not had the DR-Z down yet (knock on wood) so I cant say how they hold up compaired to the FAT bar's.

Hey guys i know that there have been so many threads on handlebars, but i cannot find the Renthal CR hi rise bars. I am 6'3" and i am still riding with stock bars. I need some help. Do you think if i just change over to the renthals that will be enough height to be more comfortable?

I doubt it. Maybe if you use the fat bars...the adapters will gain you another inch or so of height...or use the Big Dr bar risers.

Will i have to change my cables to make them longer or anything if i do the risers, and the high bends?

This has been answered with a "NO" before.

I'm not certain, just trying to help.

'll know for sure when my new parts arrive, but I'm going to try with what is there stock.

I don't yet have any risers...but others have said the cables can be routed to accomodate the setup.

I put on some Pro Taper SE's with the CR High bend after my stock bars bent. Crash Report ~ My bike took a nasty, end over end, tumble in Mesquite, and the bars didn't bend. So I am sold on them. :naughty:

Let us know what happens when you get your new parts.