Sign in to follow this  

Terraflex Rating

TERRAFLEX RATING

For those who have tried/are using the TerraFlex Type II, what types of surface conditions do you feel this tire performs best, worst, works "OK", etc... Street, mud, MUD MUD, rock, hard pan, etc...

-Seattle Bill

30 DRZS W/ much.

97 XT350 that rules

My Terraflex tires have been on less than a week, and I'm headed to the dirt this weekend ....BUT riding around here to check them out has been very fun...they are rock solid on anything other than pavement...and the pavement manners should improve as they get past "brand new" :cry:

They look like I put tractor tires on the back of my bikes!!!! :naughty::naughty::D:D:D

I got close to 1000 miles on my Tarraflex and I'm very happy with them. They take a little getting used to - especially on the street when they are new, but after 100 miles they are fine. Although they don't have that much breaking power on the street. They are great on everything else - dirt, mud, rocks etc. I'll buy them again.

I'd like to see a pic of a tire that has more then 1000 miles on it...to see how it wears.

I'd like to see a pic of a tire that has more then 1000 miles on it...to see how it wears.

Someone did post a good picture of the Terraflex after much wear and it apparently holds up REAL well...I tried to search the thread out for you but I couldn't find it :naughty:

YMMV :naughty:

How about my wieght question.

7 lbs heavier, or is that an exaggeration?

Mine weighed 18.5 lbs on my digital scale.

It probably is 7 lbs heavier then some tires, never weighed my others.

I'm not worried about it though. The 400 makes enough power for it.

Mine weighed 18.5 lbs on my digital scale.

It probably is 7 lbs heavier then some tires, never weighed my others.

I'm not worried about it though. The 400 makes enough power for it.

Thanks kawidual. :naughty:

I per4sonally have had mine on for a month or so, and put a few miles, not much over 200, but I have ridden it at 14lbs and was not too thrilled, but then Idropped it to 9lbs and it is great, however even at 14lbs it was better than my old MT21. It does wear more than my MT21 did. As for the weight, I am curious to find out how the typeI performs against the type II as it must be lighter. As for now the weight is heavier, but I do not see a flat tire anywhere in the futrue of this tire. EVER!!!

I am currently running the type 1 and have the type 2 on order, if you look in my garage you can see a direct comparison of the 1 against am MT21 side by side. the type 1 is rated at 110 while the 21 was rated at 130. In a nutshell the type 1 outperformed the 21 to such a huge degree it is beyond comparison. I ride with a buddy that does Baja regularly on a 650 and is as close to a pro as I know. Even he was amazed at how well the bike would stick in an off camber slope vs the 21's. I have about 175 miles on the type 1 and you can barely tell it has been ridden. When I get the 2 I will put it on for a direct comparison. I am heading out to death valley for 2 days in a couple of weeks and hope to have to 2 for that ride by then. Will post a comparison once I get it. Along with pics of course (weights etc) :naughty:

PM me when you get the comparison!!!

SUGGESTION ...Start a new thread if you have a NEW question. this question is CLEARLY directed toward people who have tried a TerraFlex Type II.

please do not dilute the question.

I have both 110 as well as Type II. I have a few hundred miles off road on 110 & it is awesome. Especially in mud, but good everywhere else EXCEPT ice!

Type II is at about 100 miles now & is not good on road. Be VERY careful on Matal Grate bridges... BAD news. Stay clear of those.

Threw some HUGE mud & tracked VERY well in some Oregon deep mud. I'm impressed, but the road is not so great thus far. I hear it gets better after a few hundred miles.

How would the teraflex be on hardpacked rocky terrain? The mud will be gone here soon, just wondering if i should invest in the teraflex or go with the trakmaster since it is less than half the price.

I'd say it does well on all off-road surfaces. it's good in the mud, sand, rocks, and hardpack.

I'd say it does well on all off-road surfaces. it's good in the mud, sand, rocks, and hardpack.

Sweet thanks, i'll have to factor than into my decision.

I am currently running the type 1 and have the type 2 on order, if you look in my garage you can see a direct comparison of the 1 against am MT21 side by side...

I looked but didn't see the comparison shot :naughty:

Oops, my bad. It's there.

I think it does well in all off road conditions. On the street it doesn't do bad, unless you are overly pushing it. I don't think it is as good as the MT21 on the street, but I think the TrackMaster II on the front sucks on the street, until you wear down the tire a little, and then it starts to suck off road. Just my opinion.

I think it does well in all off road conditions. On the street it doesn't do bad, unless you are overly pushing it. I don't think it is as good as the MT21 on the street, but I think the TrackMaster II on the front sucks on the street, until you wear down the tire a little, and then it starts to suck off road. Just my opinion.

I wont be using the trakmaster front. I've heard nothing but bad things. But ive heard nothing but good about the rear.

I used a kenda-257 on the front. Some of them are DOT some arent..mine had a DOT # so shud be fine. Worked good but wore kind of quick.