Boots with large Cuffs?

Does anyone know which brand of boot has the largest openings at the cuffs (the part closest to the calf)? I have large calfs, and with a knee brace I am having a hard time getting the boots buckled properly. Currently I own a pair of Alpinestars Vectors, which I really like except for the calf problem. I know you can get longer straps for the Tech 8's, but was wondering if others have had the same situation, and found any other boots with "larger" opeinings at their cuffs.

Thanks,

Chris

The Sidi force opens up farther than any boot I have tried, (and I tried a lot of them :naughty: ) there are three steps to the calf opening and I can open it up enough to accomodate my giganto calves and my asterisks :naughty: it is the ONLY one I found that would do it withoput leaving a gap at the top.

I just read an article that said SG 10's are the biggest, thats what I ordered. All of the O'neals are good, I've been in three different pair(hardware, M10, and M900). The SIDI's were pretty sweet too, but I'll warn you they have a narrow foot. I am thinking if you have big calves you may have a wide foot too, like me. I couldnt even get the Tech 8's buckled, not even close. And I didnt have a brace or anything on. My calves are 19.5 inches, if that helps you out. Good luck.

I just read an article that said SG 10's are the biggest, thats what I ordered. All of the O'neals are good, I've been in three different pair(hardware, M10, and M900). The SIDI's were pretty sweet too, but I'll warn you they have a narrow foot. I am thinking if you have big calves you may have a wide foot too, like me. I couldnt even get the Tech 8's buckled, not even close. And I didnt have a brace or anything on. My calves are 19.5 inches, if that helps you out. Good luck.

I ran into the same thing. As far as I know the SG 10's and the Sidi's are the only two boots with an incredible amount of adjustment in the calf. I ended up with the Sidi's as I found the SG 10's very narrow and uncomfortable. I definitely wouldn't buy any boots that I couldn't try on the first while wearing your appropriate accessories of course.

I did start with a pair of borrowed Tech 8's that weren't to bad but then I also had to remove the booty to even think about sliding my feet into them.

I might be mistaken, but my SIDI's seem to fit fine. I have a EEE (triple E width) wide foot, not many width wider than that. This and the fact they come in half sizes lead me to puchase my third pair so far. As for the calf, they actually have an adjustable shin plate to make room for large calfs and braces....

I might be mistaken, but my SIDI's seem to fit fine. I have a EEE (triple E width) wide foot, not many width wider than that. This and the fact they come in half sizes lead me to puchase my third pair so far. As for the calf, they actually have an adjustable shin plate to make room for large calfs and braces....
Thats odd, they hurt the outside of my foot just standing there. Maybe my fat foot is just different. Those adjustable shin plates are pretty trick though. I thought those boots were pretty sweet all in all, just didnt fit my foot. After going though two sets of boots because they didnt fit right, I would agree with whoever said try them on before you buy, that is sound advice. :naughty:

I also have the Sidis and a wide foot, if the pressure was on the ouside of the foot you might have an issue with supination, and the upper shaft of a Sidi is laterally stiff enough to put the pressure there (like ina ski boot) either way I agree always best to try them on :naughty: