Oil!

hey guys, my manual for my kx250f recomends castrol r4 super bike oil, which is 15$ for 1.5L....can i run synthetic car oil in my motorbike? :naughty:

hey guys, my manual for my kx250f recomends castrol r4 super bike oil, which is 15$ for 1.5L....can i run synthetic car oil in my motorbike? :naughty:

Are the Kawi's and Suzuki's engine and tranny oil sperated, like the honda??

Most guys who are running synthetic, were using Mobil 15-50 Red Cap, which I dont know is available, if you do a search in the CRF450 forum, you'll find more information about "oil" than you'll want to read.

Im running Rotella T, at the advice of another TT member.

Make sure your bike is broken in before running synthetic, I was told at 5 or 600 miles it is good to make the switch. You will be amazed how much easier the shifting is once ya go to synthetic.

no there is only one oil sump, honda is the only one with separate ones

Make sure your bike is broken in before running synthetic, I was told at 5 or 600 miles it is good to make the switch. You will be amazed how much easier the shifting is once ya go to synthetic.

Very good advice, I wouldnt want to run something that is 15 a liter either.

What you dont want to put in it, is oil that is "Energy Efficient", the additive package in that oil would most likely cause your clutch to slip.

Most guys who are running synthetic, were using Mobil 15-50 Red Cap, which I dont know is available...

We have tons of the old red cap around here. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever see the new stuff.

Oil is cheap. Motors are expensive. Good quality oil that meets the manufacturers specs. is all you need. I use only Silkolene full syn and change every ride, about $7 a quart. Overkill, but cheap assurance.

thanks, i talked some guys around work and they said that it shouldn't be a problem i was just wondering if anybody had heard any horror storries.

the castrol r4 stuff is full synthetic and thats whats recomended in the manual, i've been running that since i bought it but it's getting pricy, i was just going to get some Mobil 1 of the same grade.

Castrol Doesnt Make A Full Synthetic, But A True Car Synthetic Without Friction Modifiers Is Good.