Mileage and range for XR250?

It's a 1994 and I don't have the manual handy to tell me what the tank holds but someone must have an actually mileage experience to tell me how far I can go on this thing.

Hey mikesbaron,

I have an 03 XR250R, and I can get 75+ miles to the tankful, and the best I have done is 92 miles, using up most of the reserve. I noticed that when I am at a motocross track, the mileage will go down to about 60-65 miles to the tank. I think with the gas prices, I am going to start riding it to work. I need to get me a different back tire.

hmm thats interesting because i have been at least 100 miles on 1 tank full and today i rode about 60 miles (1/2 trails and 1/2 street) probly averaged 35-45 mph on the street in 5th and 6th gears and did around 20 mph on the trail.

when i got home today i would estimate i used 1/2 tank. so assuming that is true i would have expected 120 miles from a tankfull.

On my '03XR280 I get around 35 miles per gallon in tight woods riding. I'd expect to do quite a bit better in open country. 2.4 gallons X 35mpg = 84 miles per tank. The mileage did not change much from the 250 to the 280. I think I used to get around 40mpg in the woods.

Hey Tubo,

The stock tank is 2.4 gallons....

- jeff

Hey Tubo,

- jeff

That's what I get for believing anything I read in TT. :naughty: I'll adjust my numbers.
Hey Tubo,

- jeff

Bah dirty US imperial system.

The tank holds 9L.

Same bike here, 2003 XR250, 75 miles no prob for a ride. Racing 60 miles is about max.

Bah dirty US imperial system.

The tank holds 9L.

Woah!

How come your Aussie tanks hold so much more than our US imperial ones?

Why is Honda doing this?

Huh?!? :naughty::D:naughty: