WR125/WR250 Kickstand help needed

I'm trying to set up a kickstand on the Wife's 2004 CR125. The frames have to be the same on the WR125 I would think but they do not put the required bolt up plate or whatever on the CR frames to save a couple of ounces of weight I guess. I think I can get a WR125 kickstand but I have now idea of what I will need to weld onto the frame to mount it up with.

If any of you guys have a WR125 with the kickstand on it and could explain it or better yet email me a photo of the mounting/frame set up I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm not sure if the WR250 is the same setup or not. Maybe I could adapt a WR250 stand?

I really don't want the sui-stand auto up for sure it's gonna fall over alot feature. Does the stock WR125 have it? The parts book shows the plate for it. If so I can disable it.

I've got the TE510 to look, the stand looks similar but the mount up has gotta be pretty different.

Help!

THANKS!!

Hi Flame, the kickstand mounting plate is the same on both the WR125 and WR250. I'll try and get a photo up. You should be able to disable the auto-up by turning round the metal plate and using the older style WR pivot bolt (which doesn't stick out so far). The plate slides over it.

I'm still trying to track down a few photos of how the kickstand mount up. HELP!!! Thanks

I'm trying to set up a kickstand on the Wife's 2004 CR125. The frames have to be the same on the WR125 I would think but they do not put the required bolt up plate or whatever on the CR frames to save a couple of ounces of weight I guess. I think I can get a WR125 kickstand but I have now idea of what I will need to weld onto the frame to mount it up with.

If any of you guys have a WR125 with the kickstand on it and could explain it or better yet email me a photo of the mounting/frame set up I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm not sure if the WR250 is the same setup or not. Maybe I could adapt a WR250 stand?

I really don't want the sui-stand auto up for sure it's gonna fall over alot feature. Does the stock WR125 have it? The parts book shows the plate for it. If so I can disable it.

I've got the TE510 to look, the stand looks similar but the mount up has gotta be pretty different.

Help!

THANKS!!

Thanks arjay, The pic's help a bunch. Thanks for taking the stand off so I could see the mount up better. In photo #1251 showing the mount on the frame from the inside or inboard side. What is the smaller bolt mount for that is inboard of the main kickstand bolt. I know the spring plate hooks to a tab on the outboard side but it is welded on and not bolted to this other mount? Correct?

If I get the Husky stand I can make a little triangle mounting plate to weld to the frame to accept the main kickstand bolt, easy. And then I need the spring tab on the outboard side. The other little mount up is?

Thanks,

What is the smaller bolt mount for that is inboard of the main kickstand bolt. I know the spring plate hooks to a tab on the outboard side but it is welded on and not bolted to this other mount? Correct?

If I get the Husky stand I can make a little triangle mounting plate to weld to the frame to accept the main kickstand bolt, easy. And then I need the spring tab on the outboard side. The other little mount up is?

Thanks,

The other mount (on the inside of the frame) is for the lower chain roller. Let me know if you want measurements and/or an accurate drawing of the mounting plate.

It's a long shot but if you emailed the factory direct they might send you the tab complete with the spring spigot. They must have them lying around waiting to be welded onto WR frames (next to the pile of hideous steering lock tubes). ExItaly spares take around 3 weeks to NZ. Maybe your dealer could ask.

arjay, Yes, right after I posted my question about the inboard ta yesterday morning, I realized it must have been for the chain roller. It was it was O-dark thirty and I wasn't quite up to light speed yet.

Thanks for the photos.

Now I just have to make a plate to weld on. I need some good hard bar stock. I'm gonna order up the stand and go from there. Of course it's on backorder.

How much are the stands? I need one for my 125 because the old one is split at the pivot end.

How much are the stands? I need one for my 125 because the old one is split at the pivot end.

I was quoted $50 some dollars for the WR125 stand only and and about $80 for everything. I was told they are on back order though.

I think I am going to get the stand and misc stuff I need that is of the Tea's. I got to looking at my 510 last night and there is a separate mounting plate that it uses that bolts to the frame with two bolts. I figure I can cut off the two bolt holes and weld what's left to the frame in a location just like your photo. That way i do not have to make a tab to mount it to. The TE stock mounting plate will be perfect. Now I just have to try and track one down.

I'm sure the stands are very similar between models. Most likely the same but differ only in the way they mount up. Part #s can be model specific but they are actually the same part????

The TE stands are on back order also. I need somebody who is parting something out!!