Sign in to follow this  

Carburetor Setting TT-R125

My 2003 TT-R125 has an idle problem. When the bike is cold (or warm) and the choke is on it idles very fast (too fast). When the bike is warm and the choke is turned off, the bike idles too slow to run on its own and it stalls. It will only run if you give it throttle. How should I adjust my carburetor for the right settings to fix this? :naughty:

Did you just answer your own question?

:naughty:

If by the carb screw you mean the fuel screw, chances are good that 2 turns will seat it all the way in.

I'd start by seating the fuel screw and then backing it back out about 2 turns. If it needs more, go out to about 3 max. If that doesn't do it, tey going up a size on the pilot jet.

Or, try turning up the idle screw until it idles.

Or, the carb may just need a good cleaning.

Did you just answer your own question?

:naughty:

If by the carb screw you mean the fuel screw, chances are good that 2 turns will seat it all the way in.

I'd start by seating the fuel screw and then backing it back out about 2 turns. If it needs more, go out to about 3 max. If that doesn't do it, tey going up a size on the pilot jet.

Or, try turning up the idle screw until it idles.

Or, the carb may just need a good cleaning.

Which screws are which? :naughty:

To check which screws are which, go to http://parts.yamaha-motor.com/ and check out your model and click on carburetor, it is one of the first choices on the left. Then after that you can check and see where everything else is so you know what to do next time you run into this problem! :naughty: Just put it in your favorites, it helps sometimes :naughty: Cody

haha, thats funny...but its alright! :naughty:

'answering your own question'... :D lol

My little brother thought he would be funny and he tried to trick me for some reason. I didn't answer my own question. :naughty:

Does anybody know the actual number of turns or anything about setting this carb? I have not been getting very lucky!

With out a TAC you cann't be exact but so what. You adjust the RPM on the left side of the carb. It is a brass slotted screw above the float bowl "that is of course the bottom of the carb, it is where the carb can be split in half", the fuel inlet hose from the tank to the carb is right next to it. After the bike is warmed up turn it in "clockwise" to lower, turn it out "counter clockwise to raise. DO it a 1/4 to 1/2 turn at a time it may take a second for it to respond.

Does anybody know the actual number of turns or anything about setting this carb? I have not been getting very lucky!

The factory manual says for the Pilot Air Screw (located on the float bowl or under the float bowl, engine side facing up) that you should turn it in lightly first and count the number of turns so you can put it back to factory specs, it is used to optimize fuel flow at smaller throttle openings and than says 2 1/2-3 1/2 turns as an example.

The Engine idle adjustment is turned in to increase or out to decrease the idle speed as needed. Idle speed should be between 1,300-1,500 RPM's