Sign in to follow this  

Helmet cam LANC remote question

Question for helmet cam owners. For those with the LANC remote button, can you turn your camcorder off, then on and then record? I have the button and have tried a few different cameras but if I turn off the power with the button, when I turn it back on the camera goes into camera mode automatically. It must be in VCR mode to tape from the helmet cam lens. Does anyone have a setup they can power on and off without this problem, or do you just turn it on and set to VCR manually?

the "sport LANC" controler (single button unit) comes in a few differnt versions. I guess there were som issues with the features not working correctly. when you order your controller you need to tell the what camera you have to make sure you get the correct version. I have a canon zr45mc and I got v.1.4. Mine works exactaly as it should. no problems. But you DO have to have the camera in VCR mode for it to work.

I can power up, power down, record, and pause with mine. it also tels me when my battery and tape are low.

Hope this helps. :naughty:

Mine is from Action Adventure cameras. Plug it into the camera, set the camera to "Play(VCR)". and it is ready to go. Hit the button once and it turns on and starts to record. Hit it again and it shuts everything off.

I have the remote from helmetcamera.com. I am using it on a canon zr25mc and it works as it should. With my camera, the camera/vcr setting is a hardswitch, so the remote cant change it. Which camcorder are you using?

I've got a ZR10. Same controls on the camera as the ZR25 and ZR45.

I use the Helmetcamera.com LANC with my sony camcorder. works great! I can power on, record, pause, power off. and it'll tell me when the batteries are low, and when I'm out of tape.

Helmetcamera.com will also waterproof the LANC for you - as important as water IMO, is the sealer they put over it keeps dust & dirt out of the switch which can cause it to fail. Well worth the $10 they charge for the service.

-d

Helmetcamera.com will also waterproof the LANC for you - as important as water IMO, is the sealer they put over it keeps dust & dirt out of the switch which can cause it to fail. Well worth the $10 they charge for the service.

-d

$10!?!?!? try $20

The camera I have now does not have a LANC input. I was in a video store down south looking at cameras they had with LANC inputs and tried my remote button in all of them. There were a couple of canons but I can’t remember the models. When I powered them down and back up with the button, they defaulted to camera mode, and couldn’t be set to VCR mode from the button. My Panasonic camera is the same when powered up. It defaults to camera mode and then you tap a button to scroll through VCR and memory card modes.

I’m thinking about getting another camera just to have the LANC feature. I have to order the camera and want to make sure I get the right one, since there are no stores here in the Arctic where I can test the button.

I’ll only use this new camera for helmet cam vid so I don’t care about options, just AV in and operable by the remote button, and small.

The camera I have now does not have a LANC input. I was in a video store down south looking at cameras they had with LANC inputs and tried my remote button in all of them. There were a couple of canons but I can’t remember the models. When I powered them down and back up with the button, they defaulted to camera mode, and couldn’t be set to VCR mode from the button. My Panasonic camera is the same when powered up. It defaults to camera mode and then you tap a button to scroll through VCR and memory card modes.

I’m thinking about getting another camera just to have the LANC feature. I have to order the camera and want to make sure I get the right one, since there are no stores here in the Arctic where I can test the button.

I’ll only use this new camera for helmet cam vid so I don’t care about options, just AV in and operable by the remote button, and small.

Call Josh over at Helmetcamera.com. He'll guide you on a camera. I think they recomend the Sony HC42. Other less expensive hc models may works also. Order online at bestbuy.com or your favorite electronics outlet. But check with someone who can confirm the correct model before you buy.

-d

Which Kit Did You Get The 200 Or 200 Dollar One

And Does It Realy Look Clear

I Mean I Know Its 380 Or 480 Res But Is It Worth It?

Which Kit Did You Get The 200 Or 200 Dollar One

And Does It Realy Look Clear

I Mean I Know Its 380 Or 480 Res But Is It Worth It?

I got the 480 kit. Everybody I show the video to can't tell the difference between footage shot with my camera and the helmet cam. I just got back from Disney with my 5 year old and shot the trip mostly with the helmetcam mounted to my sunglasses. I did shoot some with the camera when I needed the zoom. The footage is great and I had both hands free to take still pics and carry all the stuffed animals, and I wasn't looking through a viewfinder all day. Without the remote button, I just film everything and edit out the boring stuff.

When I use the helmet cam mounted in the helmet housing, in bright sunlight sometimes I get a tiny bit of glare, very tiny, I really have to look for it. I think it's caused by the camera looking through 2 pieces of glass - it's own lens and the protective lens on the housing.