Sign in to follow this  

making the bike look "cool"

This is a stupid question and I know it but everybody likes their bike to look "COOL". What are things you guys do or know of that make your bike like cool

spend lots of money on things that you break, ding, scratch and destroy...

What are things you guys do or know of that make your bike like cool

pink is in these days.

powder coat your bike pink, and post pics.

that would be very cool.

also, little colored streamers coming from the ends of your bars.

those are very cool too.

these will be the trends this year -- get on board now and lead the way.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

I'm a hot rodder at heart so this strikes a cord with me. I know it will get beat hard but I still like it to look decent.

On my '01 bike, I replaced the old yellow carb lines with new clear. All new plastic (white number plates) new seat cover. Then I replaced the consumables (grips, bark busters, shifter...) Got me some XGX graphics on that new plastic. Powder coated black wrinkle the clutch cover, water pump cover, oil filter cover and ignition cover. I have enough power for me so a header was out of the budget. Instead, I cut my silencer about 3-4 inches shorter so it hides behind the number plate, only the pipe sticks out a bit. Frame guards were on it when I bought it but I think that is a must. Next is a new skidplate and engine guards, 03 cam and I'm done.

I always think the coolest bikes are the ones being ridden the fastest. :naughty:

Making your bike cool, is about what YOU think is cool. When I used to be a serious racer, making my bike look cool was just making the bike immaculate for every race. I put clear over the shrouds and swingarm decals, and kept spray cans of the frame, pipe and engine case paint around. Every weekend when everyone showed up with their tired & whipped looking bikes, mine were always like they were brand new, even after 2 or 3 seasons on them.

The trick here being, you always feel like you're on a brand new bike if you keep it that way. And we all know, there's nothing like the feel of a new bike.

I still do this, but I'm not quite as fanatical as I used to be, since I've switched from MX to cross country. Things get scratched up way too easy to keep up with. But that's what does it for me.

~Tex

'05 YZF

'04 RMZ (for sale)

go with the death look, get like 4 cans of flat black spray paint and spay everything and your the man.

and get some dice valve caps.

i would go with wroosters advice, the streamers are a nice touch.

Cereally, powder coated parts, different coloured plastics, powder coated frame, and new graphics. that would be "cool"

i think the "coolest" bikes are simply the cleanest ones. i myself am not really into spending over 80 bucks for a sticker kit.. or graphics whatever you want to call them. after anybody gives their bike a good cleaning.. not just whipe off the plastics a little, thats what i think looks good. don't get me wrong theres nothing wrong with buying new plastics, after a while just to freshen up the bike. but i think the "fresh, or new" look is the coolest look :naughty:

i would go with wroosters advice, the streamers are a nice touch.

Cereally, powder coated parts, different coloured plastics, powder coated frame, and new graphics. that would be "cool"

Please explain "cereally". You make me feel old when you use words like that.

I think bikes are not meant to be cool, but ridden cool. Sometimes, when you're really using your bike, you just can't keep it looking as great or as brand new as you would like to, or otherwise you better don´t use it. It is important to be in some way in-loved with your bike, but this feeling often comes more by using it, rather than watching it. I agree that keeping it clean after each ride is a must, while you can also keep buying new plastics and graphix, but I'd rather spend my money getting more important upgrades, as a new and radical handlebar or a shiny pipe. Anyway, just take care of your bike as much as you can, and ride it a lot. Well used things often look cooler than preppy brand new.

Lots of stickers. Sticker kits for the forks, fenders, fork guards, airbox, and swingarm. Its best to get a graphics kit with these included. Also you have to have pre-printed backgrounds for your number plates. Black always looks good. I like the red backgrounds on the YZ's but you have to be a pro hare scrambler to run them.

The bikes are already cool :naughty::D:D:cry:

The only thing you can do is not fall off :D:D

Don't be the accident, don't be involved in the accident, don't be near the accident :D:D:p:p:D:naughty:

Don't be the accident, don't be involved in the accident, don't be near the accident :naughty::D:D:cry::D:D

Nonono.... be near enough to SEE it!

I hate to see them crash, but when they crash, I love to see them :naughty:

Yeagh i was at babsfontein this weekend and that is quite a hectic race here in South africa and i saw so many crashes some funny some not the best being a vet on his CRF450 with about very bling bling part their is knowing to man.

He tries to go up this steep rocky path and suddenly gets stuck without stalling it then he decides to gas it but the tire finds some grip and wham it does a backflip and lies on its side and no its not over yet!!!

The trottle was stuck wide open from the backflip and now i have to try get up this path with this honda doing 360's on the ground roosting big ass rocks at everybody.

Good times.

The sarcasm runs deep here im afraid but what I did was bought a little can of the mothers aluminum polish and go to town. You can make the following look like mirrors: kick starter, triple clamps, silencer, engine case, right side engine guard, shifter, and whatever else is aluminum. I also picked up some yamaha PJ1 spraypaint and the clear coat and painted things like the valve cover and the little rear caliper guard. Be creative but dont go overboard - oh and keep it real clean! :naughty: