Do you guys still run stock airbox

I've been talking to some fellow riders about air filters and what not. The average amongst them is that the stock air filter and box on the 450 is really constrictive compared to most after market styles. They're advice to me was to sack the stock plastic "box" and filter and use an exposed Uni or alternative. You agree???

I wouldnt do that unless I was doing supermotard or flat track. I disagree about the stock filter being restrictive or whatever.

If you feel you must do something, simply mod the air box. You can cut that lip off that borders the rear fender and you could pop some vent holes in too but guys are making huge hp with just the lip being sliced off.

I run a stock airbox on my 02, only complaint I have with it is that it it a little tight when I put my filter back in. I run a twin filter and have no problems. I run in everything from nasty mud to extremely dry powder dirt and haven't had any problems. I just clean it every weekend and run it hard the next week.

dont know about dyno difference. from the 02 to 05 it was huge. the graph really doesnt show it but on the track it is MUCH better. it pulls everywhere so much harder. the 04 boot is only a little differant than the 05. couldnt tell you the difference.

dan