DRZ Fuel Injection

Has anybody tried to or thought about converting a DRZ from carby to fuel injection?

with what parts?

why? :naughty:

I can see why. It is the wave of the future. Why do we have them in our cars. I guess it does make a difference that the gas tank sits on top of the engine. It doesn't make sense now, but I can see it in the future. Maybe not near future, but in the future they will come out. I was talking to my dad when I showed him my bike, he thought he would never see the day when Dirt bikes have electric starters! But I think what would I do without the magic button? My 2 cents

CER

There already fuel injecting Quads.... Why not two wheeled Thumpers...

The cannondale bikes are all fuel injected and they are sweet!! 440cc dirtbikes.

O ya thats rite...

I was thinking how much easier it would be to tune and pick up performance, wouldn't need to compensate for changes in altitude etc. Programming a computer is much faster and easier than changing jets and springs and needles etc ...

some gas-gas are fuel injected.

fuel injection is grate

Price and weight are the problem

I have recently removed the cost inricher from my FCR and getting the

Jetting right is a real pane

Other than garden tools I can plug my laptop onto my other wheels

And tune them.

So I would love to fuel injection my DRZ but

And it is a big but

It will not produce any more power

It will way more

There are more things to go wrong

It will cost at least $1000 , lots more to commission a once off unit

So I think I will keep to the KISS principle when it comes to my favorite

Bush basher

There are a few people on this forum quite capable of building you a

fuel injection system if you are determined to part with your money

If (or when) Suzuki fits EFI to the DRZ, then the earlier models could probably be retro-fitted with EFI too.

Maybe when a re-design over from a 400 to a 450 happens?

Gas-Gas 450 FSE is Fuel injected. The only benifit I see is in large altitude changes.

JL

The only benifit I see is in large altitude changes.

JL

There's also:

ease of starting (no choke needed)

no flooding the carb if the bike tips over

I'd love to see a DRZ Fuel Injected :naughty:

Scott

Well I am in the research stage and everything looks doable ... so you might just see one in the next few months ... planning on building everything from scratch ... almost

There's also:

Scott

It also eliminates the off-idle bog...

As a guy who is in the middle of removing fuel injection from my mustang in favor of a carb...I want to point out that computer control is not always what it is cracked up to be...especially you make make major motor mods such as bigger bore and bigger cams...ETC.

If there is not a ready made curve for you configuaration, plan on spending hour with a laptop doing trial and error to get it right...if you even attain that place.

In the case of my Mustang I spent a lot of money upgrading my fuel injection system in attempt to make it perform with my upgraded motor. It never idled right...if it idled at all. The carb is simple...easy to rejet...will give me consistent performance and will make more power then the fuel injection system that was on my car before...at the cost of a little bit of mileage.

Sometimes the low tech answer is the right answer.

There's also:

Scott

Has that been a problem for you? :naughty:

It also eliminates the off-idle bog...

Maybe...but I would not bet on it. Fuel injection is usually slower responding then an accelerator pump. :naughty: